I decided to join Weight Watchers recently. I’m pretty excited about the decision and can’t wait to see how Weight Watchers will work for me in my goal to lose weight and live a healthier life. My mom has used Weight Watchers before and so have some other people I know, all of whom got really great results on the program. It’s a program that many people have successfully adapted to use in their own lives so I’m looking forward to doing the same.
Reasons To Try Weight Watchers
I’ve come up with a list of my own personal reasons why I’m trying Weight Watchers. You might find yourself on the fence trying to decide if Weight Watchers is for you, so feel free to borrow some of my reasons for your own!
- Weight Watchers provides structure, which some of us desperately need. It’s a lot easier to work a specific program sometimes!
- Weight Watchers provides support which can help you lose weight more easily. Being supportive in your efforts can be very comforting and helpful, especially if people around you don’t understand.
- Weight Watchers requires accountability which is super important in weight loss. You have to get on the scale every week so you stay dedicated.
- Weight Watchers focuses on balanced nutrition. When you follow Weight Watchers and don’t try to mess with the system or cheat on points, it’s a pretty sound nutrition program.
- Weight Watchers provides role models in weight loss. Weight Watchers has lots of Lifetime Members who have lost the weight and keep it off but still attend meetings. These people can teach you a lot and give you a role model to aspire to being.
- Weight Watchers provides useful tips and ideas. Each week they give you a new idea to think about or a recipe to try or something warm and encouraging to get you through the day.
- Weight Watchers works for people. Weight Watchers doesn’t work for everyone and it might not for me (or you) but it’s definitely been proven effective by a lot of people. For that reason alone it’s worth trying!
There are a lot of other reasons why you might want to try doing Weight Watchers for your own weight loss goals.
Weight Watchers Resources
Another great thing about Weight Watchers is how many resources they have created for people who need to lose weight. They have the program and then on top of that they have a website, magazine, blogs, and books. They are everywhere to provide support and counseling for people losing weight. Those resources can be really helpful!
To prepare to start Weight Watchers I went ahead and purchased a few different items that should prove useful during my Weight Watchers experience.
Those are only a couple of the dozens (or more) resources available if you plan to follow the Weight Watchers plan for weight loss. You can view more Weight Watchers resources here.
I’m super excited to try out Weight Watchers! It’s worked well for so many people! I love that they have soooo many recipes that you can use and get off to a good start with Weight Watchers. Having a stack of new Weight Watchers cookbooks with lots of recipes to try will make getting started so much easier and more fun.
If you’ve done Weight Watchers before or plan to do it again, I hope you are super successful!