Biggest Loser Challenge Update #3

by Mary on May 4, 2009

Hello and welcome to MONDAY!! Woohoo! We love Monday, don’t we?!?

Well, most of us do. One of my little brothers is in jail right now, so I don’t think he is loving this Monday. Sorry, little bro. But I don’t care. You shouldn’t do things like that.

Which leads me to my decision made over the weekend: I am going to stop drinking. I am done with the empty calories that turn to sugar in my body and lead to bad decisions. There is no need for me to keep drinking especially right now when I am doing everything I can to lose weight. When I think about the rewards (winning the Biggest Loser Challenge, getting affordable health insurance, saving my body from destruction) I can not possible consider the risks of drinking worth it. So I quit. I think it is the right decision for right now.

But that is not what you came to hear now is it? Let’s get to the wonderful weigh in goodness:

Weight: 246.2
Previous Weight: 249.4
Weight Loss This Week: 3.2
Weight Loss Total: 5.6

Another 3 pounds gone! Woot! Slow and steady wins the race… maybe not the Biggest Loser Challenge, but definitely the long term race called life!

1 Foodie McBody May 4, 2009 at 10:48 am

Congrats on the weight loss!! and I think your decision is a wise one. I’m doing the same.

Foodie McBody’s last blog post..“Normal”

2 Tony May 4, 2009 at 10:54 am

Great job on the loss! Cutting the alcohol should definitely help.

3 lee (getting fit) May 4, 2009 at 12:48 pm

WTG! Losing more than three pounds in one week is amazing. Happy Monday indeed.

lee (getting fit)’s last blog post..Monday weigh in – up on a tightwire

4 Diet Girl Mel May 4, 2009 at 2:43 pm

That’s great! Keep it up and I know you can do it! :D Cutting the alc is a great idea! I very rarily drink anymore, even though I have a whole wine rack full of wine. I know it’s empty calories and just dehydrates me… I feel WAY better hydrated :)

Diet Girl Mel’s last blog post..Will this crazy week throw me off the wagon?!

5 Trina May 4, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Congrats! :)

Trina’s last blog post..Princess Party

6 MamaBearJune May 5, 2009 at 3:40 am

Wow, you are doing a great job at losing! And yes, cutting out the drinks really can help with the weight loss and healthy way of living.

MamaBearJune’s last blog post..NEW LOW!!!! WOOT!

7 Miz May 5, 2009 at 3:58 am

I stopped drinking almost completely when i was trying to lose weight for the same reason.
I WANTED TO EAT MY SUGARS :)
if I had a treat I wanted dessert not wine.

I dont miss it at all—and when I do? I indulge.

Miz’s last blog post..Woman Challenge.

8 Irene May 5, 2009 at 7:08 am

I drink.
Not as much as I used to and not as often.
But I still drink a beer here and there.

But I think you are making the right decision.

Congrats on the weight loss. Slow and steady, girl…slow and steady.

Irene’s last blog post..The Struggle to Keep Going

9 Rupal May 5, 2009 at 8:26 am

Good for you Mary!! Agreed about the bad choices…and my gosh, some people get mean when they drink! While, I do love putting back a glass or two, I could stand to cut down as well…thanks for the reminder…right before I set off to Scotland to tour whiskey distilleries…I’ll bookmark this and read it again when I come back :)

Rupal’s last blog post..Life’s little lessons…

10 Sara May 5, 2009 at 2:03 pm