Well kids, my time is up. It’s the end of my three month stay here at Green Mountain at Fox Run and on Wednesday I will be headed home to Memphis. The video shows my final stats regarding weight loss and inches and my thoughts on them plus the pressure to succeed.
SOME OTHER THINGS
Previous Weight: 227
Weight loss: -4.5
Weight loss at GMFR: -18.5
Weight loss total: -28.5
Woohoo!! I’m close to 30 pounds lost since I hit my “high” weight this past year living at home.
EXERCISE IS FUN
I forgot to post my exercise from last week, so here it is:
Sunday 11/29 –
- 30 minutes recumbent bike
- 30 minutes lower body conditioning
Friday 11/27 –
- 1 hour total body strength workout
- 1 hour Zumba class
Thursday 11/26 –
- 15 minutes walking (1/2 ish mile)
- 1 hour lower body resistance training + abs (yay planks!)
- 30 minutes water cardio drills class
Wednesday 11/25 –
- 1 hour walking (3 miles)
- 1 hour upper body resistance training + abs
- 45 minutes yoga (a real yoga class, basically)
- 30 minutes water aerobics
Tuesday 11/24 –
- 30 minutes walking
- 1 hour lower body conditioning
Monday 11/23 –
- 1 hour upper body weights + abs
- 45 minutes low impact aerobics
- 30 minutes walking
- 45 minutes miracle mile (.5 mile jog/run)
REFLECTIONS ON MY GOALS
Since this is the end of my stay, I’m trying to look at the experience as a whole and see if it was successful. When I look at my video and think back to what I looked like and felt like when I first came here, I know that it was. But I still want to look at the goals I set for myself and see how I fared on those aspects.
My goals and whether or not they were achieved:
- Try. a) try new foods and b) try new activities/exercise! – ACHIEVED!! SUCCESS! Since I’ve been here I’ve had a lot of firsts and tried a lot of new things, some of which I fell in love with. I’m so glad I tried kickboxing and yoga, my new favorite activities.
- Lose 30 pounds. – NOT ACHIEVED. Honestly, this one is okay to have not achieved. Of all the goals I set this was the least important and was more of just a guesstimate. Midway through I switched my goal to 20 pounds and although I still didn’t hit that I came very close. And considering all the muscle I’ve built since being here, I’m pretty happy with my 18.5 pound loss.
- Fix my messed up behaviors. SORT OF ACHIEVED. Okay, I’m not “fixed” or “cured” or completely okay with eating and food issues. I’ve realized that I will never be, and those feelings and habits will always be something I have to deal with. But I have learned a lot about how to be a normal eater and how to deal with stress and emotions rather than eating. I’m nowhere near perfect, but I’ve dealt with a lot of the issues I had.
- Record my experience. ACHIEVED!! Turns out this was the easiest and best part of my experience. From facebook to twitter to youtube to my blog, I’ve been able to share bits and pieces of my journey with all of you, and receive (mostly) positive feedback about it. I’ve struggled and had bad days as well as awesome ones. My time in Vermont was not what I expected, in some ways it was better and some ways worse, but I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.
I met with Jen the fitness manager here and discussed what I will be doing when I go home regarding fitness. I’m not exactly happy with my options but I’m prepared to make it happen, because it needs to. I don’t want to lose any of the awesome physical progress I’ve made here, so I won’t. It’s that simple.
I’m not sure exactly what I will be doing next work wise. Hopefully some temp jobs come up or I can find something to occupy my time so I won’t completely stress out over money issues, because stress is not good for a healthy lifestyle.
All in all I’m excited about my future and the people that are going to be a part of it, new and old. Life is awesome.