It’s my birthday.
I’m 24 years old today.
I remember turning 23 and looking at my life (single, underemployed, living at home, fat). Some things have changed since last year, like becoming self-employed, falling in love, and losing weight (again). I’m still living at home but it’s just temporary until I move to New Zealand. So really, everything has changed. 23 was a great year. I have a feeling 24 will only be better.
1. You can do anything you want.
2. Life is what you make it. It’s up to you to make it good.
3. Not everything is going to come easy. The best stuff definitely won’t.
4. Losing weight is extremely easy. And extremely hard.
6. Losing weight doesn’t solve everything. Solve the underlying problems first.
7. Taking care of yourself is important.
8. Take other people’s advice with a grain of salt.
9. Ask for help when you need it.
10. What you achieve is up to you.
11. Opening up to people is scary but worth it.
12. Doing something is almost always better than doing nothing.
13. Exercise is the key to happiness and healthiness.
14. Drinking water is completely underrated. Drink more.
15. Diets do work, they just don’t last.
16. It’s easy to make excuses. It’s also pretty dumb.
17. Comparing yourself to others doesn’t get you anywhere.
18. Competition can be fun, but it’s not everything.
19. Be yourself always. Embrace you and don’t try to be someone else.
20. Your body size and shape does not define you. What you do defines you.
21. You are never too busy, fat, stupid, old, tied down, or anything else to change your life.
22. Starting is half the battle. The other half is just pure persistence.
24. Life is awesome.
There are a million more, but 24 lessons in one day is enough, right?
I’m off to celebrate the birthday. Make today a good day!