I’ve been pretty busy the last couple days and blogging hasn’t been my top priority, sadly.

But today is my birthday and I wanted to drop in and say hi.

I wanted to say hi because you all are the best.

I’m not going to list 25 lessons I’ve learned, because despite having done that before I really don’t have everything figured out.

Since I’ve been blogging I’ve turned 23 and 24 and now 25. Wow. I’ve shared so much of my life on this blog, from my battles with depression. I’ve shared the amazing changes and the boring everyday things. Some of you have been reading and commenting for so long that I think of you as friends and think of you outside the blog.

24 was a really good year for me. Highlight for me was finishing a triathlon. Those two things made me the happiest I had ever been and contributed to my 24th year being an amazing one.

I’ll be honest though and tell you that last night I had a five minute moment pity and sadness because “I’m still fat at 25.” It got me down to think that at 18 when I started this journey I thought I’d have everything figured out and completed by this age. But then I remembered that negative trains of thought get me nowhere. So I thought about how I’ve made huge personal strides, how I’m actually not as big as I was and have maintained a 40 lb loss, I have muscles that can lift weights, I can bike for hours, I’ve completed a triathlon, and I’m still working on the other stuff. It’s so easy to get down because of one thing, but I refuse to let that happen. I especially refuse to let that happen on my birthday.

Like I said, I don’t have everything figured out. Clearly. I’m just trying to do the best I can in life with what I’ve been given. I’ve been really blessed lately with the start of my wonderful new family, a new job, a place to live, loving friends, and so much more. Life is really good. I’m so grateful that I can share it with y’all and a few of you actually care about it.

I’ll be back later with tales of my birthday exploits. I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for being part of my life. It’s the best birthday present I could have. :)

I’m really looking forward to seeing what 25 means for me. I’m thinking more awesomeness.

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the links I will be compensated via a small commission to help keep A Merry Life running. Thank you for your support!

Comments

Oh honey, we never have it all figured out. The older we get, the easier it is to see how much we don’t know. I’m 31 and still don’t know that much, and my mom is in her fifties and says she doesn’t have it all figured out either. The beautiful thing about getting older is gaining the confidence to stop caring so much about having a plan.

2. Nicole C says

Happy Birthday Mary! Congrats to all of your accomplishments, there are only more memories to make and things to conquer as we get older so cherish everything you have done. Have a wonderful birthday!

3. Emma says

Happy birthday Mary and well done on all your achievements! I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the exciting year ahead.

Happy Birthday, Mary! Don’t worry, I’m twice your age and I don’t have it all figured out either. I don’t think we’re supposed to, and I wish I had known that sooner. :)

The good news is that, the older we get? The older “old” gets. I am going to be 50 next year so basically I am twice as old as you are and I have to agree with Skinny Sushi…we never have it ALL figured out. We figure some things out…and it’s all good…but as we peel back the layers we realize that there’s so much MORE to figure out. Our joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are…and I think you’ve got that part figured out.

Happy birthday dear Mary!

HAPPY HAPPY young one! I am with Cammy – I have never figured it out & maybe that is the key to keeping it exciting OR.. driving us crazy! :-) LOVE the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is kitty steal in NZ?

Happy birthday, my friend!

The big lesson is that we’re never finished, figured out, done. The journey is the fun part, not the destination.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

I think you have A LOT figured out!!! And as someone said earlier, we have it never all figured out… It’s all a journey with so much to learn and discover every day…

Here is to a great year!!!

A. Happy Birthday!

B. You are a HOTTIE! Look at you all sassy in that first picture. I love it!

C. How is it that your kitty is getting CUTER? How is that possible?

Wow you look really pretty in your photo! Love the necklace and that dress(shirt?)!!! Ooh but that kitten photo! Aww. Hes just like the cat from shrek with that face! Im sure you’ll have a lot more awesomeness this year. Lots more for me to comment on. Happy birthday!! Oh and happy earth day and good Friday too.