After all the talk yesterday about booty, body shape, and body image, I’m curious… what body shape are you?
What body shape are you?
There are so many differences between people. One difference that is just as apparent as being short or tall is your body shape. Your body shape has implications for how you look, how you dress, how you gain weight, and even health implications.
(No clue the original source of the sketch. Found it on Tumblr.)
I love this sketch that illustrates the different body shapes. Apple. Pear. Hourglass. Rectangle.
Depending on the source there are lots of different body types with different names including:
- Hourglass Body Shape – This body shape is curvy in the typical attractive way – in the bust and booty.
- Circle Body Shape – Commonly called apples, the circle body shape has smaller shoulders and hips, slender legs and a slim booty, with a wide middle.
- Triangle Body Shape –This shape has a shapely bottom, with a tinier waist that is a traditional feminine shape.
- Ruler Body Shape – The ruler body shape has a bit of curve at the hip but is mostly straight through the torso and shoulders.
- Inverted Triangle Body Shape – This body shape has a broader shoulders and chest with a tighter torso and waist and is athletic and strong.
My Body Shape
I’m undoubtedly a pear. It helps to know this so I can dress my body shape (resources for that below).
Dress Your Body Shape
I think body shapes are important to recognize. We don’t all look the same and that’s okay!
What is important is to accept your natural body shape and then learn how to maximize it’s high points. No matter what your weight is, you can look amazing if you dress well for your body. Here are a few books that will help you learn how to accept and dress your body shape to look your best:
I’m a pear so I read books about dressing pear shapes, obviously. :)