It’s really beautiful in Auckland right now. I think we deserve it after weeks of cold, windy, rainy days during what is supposed to be summer. I’m glad the sun is finally shining!
My workout plan for the day involved a strength workout at the gym and 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. I hit the gym this afternoon but couldn’t stand doing cardio there. Bike rides and walks outside all the way please! I’m taking advantage of what nature is offering right now.
I came across this survey on Clean Eating Chelsey and felt like doing it too. I used to looooooove surveys back in the days of Myspace (oh how times have changed) but rarely do them anymore. Indulge me for a minute as I answer 20 questions:
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
- Parks & Recreation
- Project Runway
- Top Chef
And The Office but I’m not liking the current season.
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Take them! I love taking photos but don’t really like being in them. I think I get that from my mom. ;)
4) Why do you blog?
I blog because it’s a creative and emotional outlet. If you’ve read for any length of time you probably know that I’m a pretty emotional person who likes to think. This means I’m often needing a place to vent, share, ponder, create and a blog is the perfect place for that. I always say I would blog even if no one reads it, and I truly mean that. I mean I did technically blog for several years without anyone reading (oh the days of livejournal and xanga… I’m feeling internet nostalgia).
I also love the people I’ve met through blogging and the things I’ve learned. Being part of blogging communities has helped me grow as a person.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
- Gmail & Google Reader
- Bodybuilding.com (since I started LiveFit)
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
If I can only pick one (instead of everyone coming to NZ for a lunch party) I’d pick Jamie Eason.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
- peanut butter & banana
- peanut butter & banana sandwich (ha)
- chocolate protein balls
- protein shake
- cashews and raisins
- chobani and cereal (but I can’t have that in NZ sadly)
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
JuJu and Senior Kitty!
JuJu is a Rottweiler + Pit Bull cross.
Senior Kitty is well, a kitty. He does not like baths or being photographed.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- my laptop
- my iphone
- my glasses and/or contacts
10) What’s your favorite drink?
- green smoothies
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
I love cooking and wish I had a better kitchen to do it in. I’ve taught myself how to cook a lot of things over the last couple years by learning and experimenting. I’ve documented a lot of it on my food blog.
12) Do you have children?
Do fur babies count? If not, then no.
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
- working out (I really do enjoy it)
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
I’m shy, I think. I’ve got some social anxiety stuff happening in my brain most of the time so it’s hard for me to meet new people and terrifying to be in front of large groups of people. I’ve had people argue me on this point before though because I’m very friendly and seem outgoing because I like to talk to people individually. I guess I’m just shy in my mind. ;)
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
My lack of consistency in things I start. This is something I can change and I’m trying to change it!
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Reese Witherspoon and Emma Stone for actresses. Ryan Gosling for actor.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Bought a sewing machine so I can accomplish one of my goals for 2012: learning to sew!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
FAR! I live so far away from my family now. I’ve done it before so you would think I’m used to it but it makes me incredibly sad to be far away from my family. I try not to think it.
19) List three of your talents.
- Writing. I might not seem like the best writer (I probably should put more work into my blogging) but I am a halfway decent writer. I like words.
- Crafts/diy/photography/artsy fartsy stuff. Nothing super specific here but I’m good at these kinds of things that involve design and artistic flair.
- Cooking. I’m actually a pretty decent cook. Who knew?
20) What is your greatest attribute?
I’m willing to try new things. I know a lot of people aren’t and like to stay in their comfort zones, so I feel like my willingness to try different and new things – even if they don’t work out – is a great attribute.