Next year I want to do a walk for breast cancer.
I think I’ve settled on doing the two day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
Lately I’ve been walking a lot more, 5-10 miles at a time. It’s been enjoyable and it’s inspired me to look up an event like this to enter. With my mom going through breast cancer treatments right now it’s also something that feels really important.
I chose the Avon series because long ago when I was in college I actually sold Avon to make extra money so I’m already fond of the brand.
I want to do this for a few reasons.
- 1) I love my mommy and want to walk for her. (Yep, hi mom!)
- 2) The two most awesome family members I have both have had breast cancer (mom and grandma).
- 3) The money raised helps support various breast cancer programs.
- 4) I like to walk and think it would be enjoyable.
- 5) It’s a chance to visit a different city (oooh, a selfish reason too).
Now I just need to decide between Houston, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco. I’ve actually been to all of those cities except Houston so I’m leaning toward Texas since it’s new and technically the closest.
I’ll decide later which city once I talk to some key people and see if anyone wants to do it with me or just along for the trip. I just wanted to put this out there into the universe to make it a real thing that I can and will accomplish next year.
Have any of you done multi-day walking events? Any tips, thoughts, or encouragment?