I want some accountability for my goals this year so I’m going to try to check in on the 1st and the 15th each month to give a progress update. And a photo. And a little touch of awesomeness.
I set some lofty goals for myself for the year of 2013. Lose 50 lbs. Pay off $5000+ in debt. Explore a city.
My goals are summed up by health, wealth, and exploration. At least that’s the motto I’m keeping in my head. It’s simple enough that I can remember it. This is the year I want to get all aspects of my health in order from mental health to physical health to financial health. A healthy life is a merry life.
I’ve made some progress on each of these goals in just the first two weeks:
- Health: I’m down 3 lbs for the year. Win. I’m currently at 204, ever closer to that <200 space.I’ve still got a long way to go though!
- Wealth: I’ve paid off over $200 worth of debt this month. I’m using ReadyForZero to track this. It’s a free app online that helps you track your debt payoff and gives you a plan to do it. I’m really loving ReadyForZero, so check it out!
- Exploration: I went to an opening of a new business in Memphis. Cooper Street 20/20 was pretty cool.
Things are going great, right? It’s because I’ve got plans behind my goals. Here it is:
- Health: Avoiding most sugar, eating lower carb/paleoish. Getting in more movement in the form of dance, walking, and occasional weight lifting. So far, so good. When I stop eating sugar, I do well. I’m also NOT counting calories at the moment but AM practicing intuitive eating. I plan to continue this and reevaluate every month to see if it’s working or not.
- Wealth: Working extra at night (hire me! I’m an awesome virtual assistant! blogger! babysitter!) and throwing all extra money to the debt. Tracking my expenses and payoff amounts. Once I get past the expenses of moving/immigration this will start snowballing really quickly. If you know who Dave Ramsey is, then you know the general plan I’m following for this debt payoff.
- Exploration: This is the hardest for me since I have a lack of time and money. I’m trying to do one cool thing at least every other week. It’s hard for me to put myself out there sometimes, but I do enjoy meeting new people and going to new places. The first event I attended was lovely and I can’t wait to visit new places.
I’ll discuss all of these in more detail as the year progresses but I think I’ve got a good plan for each in place. Two weeks in and everything feels very achievable at this point. Sure it will take a lot of hard work on all accounts, but I’m ready.
Are you ready to accomplish your 2013 goals? What’s your plan?