Back To It

After a weekend of sickness and several days of feeling bad, I’m just now getting back to doing the healthy stuff.

My stomach seem to be tolerating food fine though generally am still queasy/yucky feeling after every meal. Nevertheless, time to press forward.

Morning green smoothie? Check!

green smoothie

So far though, today is kicking my butt!

I got a green smoothie in but I had an annoying morning where I forgot to make my lunch and couldn’t find anything to wear. Seriously, I almost cried after trying on every single clean thing in my closet. Nothing looked good.

Morning

I ended up wearing my company’s tshirt and too-big-for-me jeans which left me feeling frumpy and lame.

I had to reread my post about boosting self-esteem from yesterday because I was headed to a bad place this morning. Not having many clothes and not having clothes that fit properly can make you feel awful about yourself. Maybe it’s time to dedicate a small amount towards clothes shopping.

I’m going to work myself out of this so I can make this day awesome.

Hope your day is awesome too!

Comments

Love your enthusiasm to be awesome!
    The closet just makes me want to just stay home and hide some days. Totally defeats me sometimes. I get ya.

Hate my closet! Tired of everything. Thinking of donating a ton and buying a few new spring pieces. Honestly, I tend to wear the same things every week, so I wouldn’t have to buy that much to completely start new :)

• says

Me too. I haven’t bought new clothes in a long time because I’m trying to get out of debt so everything is the same and has been for 2-3 years with the exception of a few outer jackets to keep me warm. I wear the same stuff over and over and I hate it all now. Getting dressed this morning was emotionally tiring when I kept trying on things that I just did NOT want to wear. It might be time to shop for both of us!

3. Jewlz says

I understand. I do. So, I promised myself that while I was doing this, I would buy things that made me feel good. So, I shop. Where? Anywhere that has a sale and is cheap. My only rule? I MUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I shop at online sales (through Facebook of all places), I shop thrift, and I get things from friends when I can. But I also hit Old Navy, Kohls, and JCP. I will even shop Target and Wally, but usually the sizing there is a bit off for me. But I don’t let myself feel frumpy. Weight loss and budget management is hard enough. No point in feeling like you look terrible, too. Some of my fave clothes are from thrift stores so they were cheap! So, I say take some time to yourself, give yourself a reasonable budget, and go get some new things! It’s amazing how much better you’ll feel if you get yourself a few new things!

I agree with Jewlz….a reasonable budget and a plan too…just like food, clothes and shopping for them have emotional aspects attached. Buying just one or two items of basics and one or two items of accessories that all can be mixed and matched build on that esteem issue….

Buying new clothes is such a great way to revamp your self-esteem. So is looking back at all you’ve accomplished. Sometimes, I even use motivational posters to to revitalize my commitment to healthy living.

I have the same problem. It seems like every season I have to buy new clothes. Yes, I am glad that I have lost weight and need a smaller size; however, it is so expensive. In fact a friend of mine brought me a bag of clothes and said find something that fits. She said, “I’m tired of looking at your droopy drawers.”

Do it – buy a piece or two that makes you feel good. A great fitting pair of jeans is a must!

I’m doing a lot of traveling this yr so I’ve made a no buying random things (which includes clothes) rule and already I’m sick of what I have and wishing I could get something new. Clothes really do affect your mood and I’m trying to remember when im feeling blah from wearing the same shirt for the 80 millionth time that’s yrs and yrs old how fun it will be when I’m on my trip. Hope you can find something cute, fun & cheap to revitalize your closet!

Glad you are feeling better. I think we have the same thing in our house and I’m PRAYING that I start feeling normal again soon!

oh oh oh there is nothing WORSE than stuffs you have to wear which makes you feel frumpy.
    thats the story of my misfit life.

I totally can relate. If I’m less than excited about my clothing options I’ll try to wear some jewelry that makes me feel happy, or a bright lipstick. Also, LOVE the t-shirt!