Goals Check In: Onederland

As you can tell from the title, I fiiiinally did it. I finally weigh under 200 lbs. Confetti and cheers for all!

But since I’m tracking more than just weight I’ll go through all my major goals for the year and check in. Sorry this check in is so late, things have been busy and this post has been sitting in draft form for multiple days now. Oops!

Health

Last time I weighed, one month ago, I was at 200.2. It was close and it freaked me out and I did my self-sabatoge thing. I gained a few pounds back and then didn’t weigh in at the middle of the month because I just knew I had regained (on purpose). It’s silly, I know.

I weighed in at 199.6.

March 1 weigh in

Sure, it’s barely below 200 and gives me a technical loss of .6 for the month. Not that exciting in terms of weight loss but it’s HUGE for me mentally. I’ve finally broken that barrier that got built up in my mind. I weighed in at 199.6 the day of and after my “official” weigh, so that whole mental “I’m never going to be under 200 lbs” thing is pretty shattered. Now it’s all about getting further under that mark.

Finances

I started March with my student loan balance hovering around $4,000 and now it’s down to just under $2,000. Progress! It’s a good time of year for debt repayment!

This month I also received the official letter stating I had paid off another previous loan. It was so nice to hold that piece of paper!

I’m still tracking on ReadyForZero. I’m now aiming to have my student loans finished by my birthday in April. I think it’s possible if I stay dedicated to the task. I can’t wait to be debt free. :)

Exploration

We’ve been to quite a few places in the last couple weeks. Since it refuses to stay warm it’s been hard to do any of the free outdoorsy stuff but that will be nice later in the year. For now we are mainly trying new establishments. Where it’s warm inside. Yes. New-to-me places we’ve been: Flight, The Silly Goose (bar/lounge), Jack Pirtle’s Chicken.

Overall

Overall I’d say these are successful steps toward all my goals over the last couple of weeks. Mentally I feel really good like I can accomplish anything at this point.

I wanted to do a fun video when I finally got under 200 lbs, but alas, I’ve got a head cold and sound pretty lame at the moment. Perhaps next weigh in we can all celebrate a la silly video time. Catch you then!

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the links I will be compensated via a small commission to help keep A Merry Life running. Thank you for your support!

Comments

Haha, as it should be! You are in a new city so everything is new to you! I like visiting my fav places. :)

Yay!! Welcome to Onderland! It took me forever to get over that mental block too, so I TOTALLY get that. Dealing with it slightly now that I’m getting closer to goal. Silly how our minds work!

And yay for paying off debt! That’s so great!

3. Jewlz says

WOOT! CONGRATS! I knew you’d get there. WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND!!!

You are also making great progress in your other avenues. I gotta get on this debt repayment. I feel like overall I’m doing good, but I think we could do better. Slowly but surely! :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

I’m so freakin’ happy for you, Mary! I can’t wait to celebrate this milestone. What a huge mental breakthrough. :D

5. Manda says

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

It’s so great that you conquered a huge obstacle! It’s all down hill from here!

I have been busy lately.. and haven’t been able to keep up with your blog.. but yesterday I did see your Morning Workout Post and you are looking GOOD!!

Keep it up! :D

6. Brittany @ Proteinandpumps says

Hi! I’m new to your blog so I’m playing catch up here. Just wanted to say congrats on breaking such a significant barrier!! You should feel so proud. I look forward to “following” you!

Congratulations on your progress and making it to ONEderland! Feels great, doesn’t it? :)

I took a step towards paying off my debt today by cancelling my credit card. No excuses now!

8. Catcat says

I’ve been reading your blog for several years and never commented but today I had to de-lurk to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Not only for onederland but for your progress toward being debt free. You rock!

9. Liam Rubel says

Congrats, breaking the 200lbs rule is not easy, many of us know this. But try to set another bench mark like 180lbs in one month after reaching the goal you may won’t cross 200lbs again.

Congratulations!!!!! I can’t wait until I see ONEDERLAND! I am so proud of you for paying off your debt! Congrats~

Congratulations!!!! You worked for it!

I’m working on my debt too and it is sooooooo great to get that letter saying your loans are paid off. Like #1 I’m never throwing this away and #2, I just might frame this/scrapbook. Monumental! :)

12. Vanessa says

Such a big deal! Congratulations! I’ve had the same freak outs around significant goals so completely understand how you feel. So proud of you for making it!!

Way to go! Congratulations on breaking through that barrier. It is always tough to get over that hump. I know a thing or two about the self sabotage. It’s so ridiculous, you are so close to what you want and then you ruin it for yourself. Glad to see you made it through this time!

Amazing!! Congratulation on that. It is always worth goinh till the end when you want to achieve something:)

Great Start Mary. Keep up the good work. I’m just getting started on my own weight loss program….again. My doctor says I need to make this one stick.

Congratulations! Just a tip – usually when I have a period when trying to drop pounds (usually acquired through traveling) and I hit a period where it is tough – try cycling between normal caloric intake and reduced caloric intake. It tricks your body metabolism into staying higher.

Congrats on a huge victory and on making headway on your other goals! I’m on a weight-loss journey myself – the second one after a failed one a couple years ago. I know how much of a mental challenge it can be. Again, congrats!