After deciding it was time for me to make some changes in my life I’ve come up with a list of changes. I’m tired of feeling how I feel at the moment and I know the lifestyle I’ve been living is only leading me down a bad path of disease and disrepair.
- 30 minutes cardio daily. It helps with the anxiety and general health. Plus, it’s pretty fun! Cardio can be enjoyable. Do it, feel better. Go. Always.
- Eat better food. Sure it’s easier and cheaper to eat whatever comes along. But really? Think long term. Bad idea as it leads to poor health and weight gain. Eat healthy.
- Stop drinking alcohol. It’s fun but it makes my anxiety worse and it adds calories that lead to weight gain. No good comes from that, so cut it out! There are so many other ways to have fun.
- Spend time with friends without drinking. Related to #3, lately friend time has only included happy hours, parties, and bars. Fun, but how about you go for a run, hit up the dog park, go hiking, or do something fun outside. Bond over something besides booze.
- Take medicine correctly. I’ve been very lax with my anxiety medicine, skipping days, taking it at random times. No more of that. Take it at the same time and don’t mess with doctors orders. It will work and you’ll feel better.
- Make some goals. Think about your life, focus on some areas, and make some goals. Without goals you work toward nothing and achieve less than your potential. Make goals. Work toward them.
- Help people with blogging. Lately I’ve had requests from some real life friends to help set up new blogs (super excited about their ideas!). I’m now for hire to help with blogging tasks this because I honestly love teaching people about blogging and the internet. Help more people with this.
- Help more people in general. Spend more time helping people. It makes their lives better, it makes your life better. Everyone wins. Help people and your life will be better.
8 things for me to change in my life right now for improvement. What do you need to change in your life? What areas can you make better? I know it’s not the time of year where we generally make big changes and focus on health but it feels like the right time for me. Today I’m off to the gym and ready to work hard!