I’m on my second day of the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse I’m doing with my boss.
I wanted to share some of my first thoughts on the program. Get prepared for a random stream of consciousness post via bullet points!
- I’ve never done a “cleanse” before and didn’t fully know what to expect. I went it somewhat blindly even though I read other posts about the cleanse months ago.
- The cleanse comes with 3 parts: AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse, AdvoCare Fiber Drink, and AdvoCare OmegaPlex.
- The fiber drink you have to drink in the morning? DISGUSTING. This is so far and probably will be the worst part. I have barely managed to choke that thing down and it’s made me gag both times. YUCK.
- The “Spark” drink you get for an energy boost? Those are tasty! It’s a decent replacement for coffee if you drink it, tho I’m glad I got off coffee a few weeks ago because that would have made this worse.
- Requires: pep talks. I needed a pep talk to get through the fiber drink. I needed a pep talk to eat smaller meals more often throughout the day. I am giving myself a lot of internal pep talks which is a pretty good practice for most things in life. You are your own best encouragement.
- Exercise is not intense but I’m wearing my Polar loop and working on hitting my 10,000 + step goal.
- You have to drink a ton of water. I think I normally drink a lot of water but I made sure to hit a full gallon yesterday on my first day.
- The frequency of bathroom visits for all purposes has increased, as to be expected.
- After the first day I’m down 2 pounds. I also feel lighter and less bloated. Woot, apparently it works.
- 10 days isn’t too long so I’m looking forward to continuing this and finishing it out strong. I think it’s going to be a kickass jumpstart for an awesome summer of healthy and active living. :)
That’s a few of my intitial thoughts and reactions. If you’ve done the cleanse before feel free to chime in with your own! Or ask questions.