Jean left a comment earlier in the month saying, “Would love to get an update on your fitness and health!”
I replied that I’m pretty much done with blogging about my life and that’s true! But she made me remember that for any of you still subscribed you probably do deserve a update now and again. Maybe quarterly? No promises. Here we go!
- Biking is happening again. I rode 10 miles the other day and most rides so far seem to be around that distance. I think either today or tomorrow, depending on my schedule, I will be biking closer to 20. I’m biking just for fun because the weather has been amazing and it’s a great activity.
- Running isn’t happening. Last year I was in love with running and doing it quite regularly. I did a bunch of 5ks and half marathon training. This year I’m just not feeling it so I haven’t been running. Juju and I take lots of walks but running is not our thing currently.
- Recreation sports are my new hobby. I played softball over the summer, just finished volleyball, and am starting a new softball league this week. Every week since April I’ve played a team sport and I love it! It’s social, active, and something I missed from my school days.
- Cartwheels are fun. A few months ago I did a cartwheel at work since coworkers and I were discussing if we could do them. I was amazed I still could because I avoided them for years. I kinda got hooked and do them all the time now. I did one before every volleyball game. Maybe I should look into adult gymnastics.
- Standup desks rock. I split my work day between a stand up desk and a regular desk. I really enjoy the option of standing for part of my day. It’s also great to walk around more at work so my day isn’t so sedentary despite being at a “desk job”. I’d say mission stand up desk is finally complete. Maybe next I’ll get one at home.
- Spark energy drink is my favorite. I did an AdvoCare cleanse months ago that went well and ever since I’ve still been using Spark. I use it sometimes in the morning instead of coffee and before more intense workouts. It gives me energy without jittery or weird feelings so I’m still a fan. I use AdvoCare Spark Fruit Punch because it’s my favorite flavor. It’s the only AdvoCare product I still use.
- Food is less of a focus. I’ve fallen into a pretty easy routine of just eating whatever I want. I find naturally I want to eat healthy at most meals and if I stray into junk for too long I literally crave a salad. I eat out a lot due to life circumstances, but try to balance healthy options with fun.
- Weight is steady. Weight is very steady which is nice since it’s not been a focus at all and I eat out A LOT. No matter what I’ve consumed I’ve stayed within 5 pounds. I’m still under 200 lbs, but steady at this level. I do want to lose more but it’s not been a high priority.
- Memphis is pretty cool. From 18 to 26 I bounced around the country and world constantly. Now that I’ve been living in the same city for almost 2 years I realize how amazing it is to have roots and routines and regular spots. It’s pretty awesome here in Memphis with lots of outside/healthy/sports activities I never knew about before. Staying put has helped me find more opportunities and I’m loving this place.
That’s a brief synopsis of how life is going these days! I’m pretty active and doing well, so…. nothing much to report!