A few years ago I wrote a post about Christmas gift ideas for weight loss. Since it has been a few years and there are a lot of cool things out there now, I wanted to create a new post about healthy gift ideas for the 2014 Christmas season. (You can also check out healthy Christmas stocking stuffer gift ideas!)
Healthy Christmas Gift Ideas
This post is full of new healthy gift ideas that were not originally included in my guide to Christmas gift ideas for weight loss. Everything included in this list of gift ideas is a great option for someone trying to lose weight or live a healthier lifestyle. It’s often a nice idea to buy someone a healthy gift for Christmas when you know they will be making a health related New Year’s resolution.
If you are looking for ideas for what to buy that healthy or soon-to-be-healthy person in your life, this post is sure to spark your imagination! These cool health and fitness gift ideas will please the recipient.
The options for wearable technology have increased rapidly over the last few years. While you don’t need fancy gadgets to lose weight and be healthy, they sure are fun to play with! You can now use technology to track your movements, your workouts, and more!
I’ve broken down these nifty wearable tech gadgets into a few different categories.
Wearable Tech: Activity Trackers
Healthy gift idea – Activity Trackers:
- Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker (My Fitbit One Review)
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband
- Polar Loop Activity Tracker (My Polar Loop Activity Tracker Review)
- UP 24 by Jawbone (My boss uses this and she loves it.)
Wearable Tech: Heart Rate Monitors
Healthy gift idea – Heart Rate Monitors
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor (My Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Review)
- Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor (My Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Review )
Wearable Tech: GPS Tracking
Healthy gift idea – GPS Tracking
- Garmin Forerunner 310XT Waterproof Running GPS
- Nike+ SportWatch GPS Powered by TomTom
- Polar RCX5 GPS Watch
Most of us sit for long stretches which is unhealthy for our bodies. People can alleviate some of this pressure by standing for part of their day. I use a standing desk for at least a couple hours every day and it’s been hugely helpful to me in being more active and not having a sore back from sitting all day. It’s also nice to burn more calories while not even thinking about it. I highly recommend a standing desk!
Healthy gift idea – standing desk:
- Mobile Ergonomic Stand Up Desk Computer Workstation
- VARIDESK Pro Plus
- The Executive Stand Steady Standing Desk / Stand up Desk
- The Original Stand Steady Standing Desk
Make sure you also include an anti-fatigue mat with the standing desk because standing for hours at a time can be hard on the body too!
Healthy gift idea – anti fatigue mat for standing desk:
- NewLife by GelPro Pebble Designer Comfort Mat, 20-Inch by 32-Inch
- Genuine Joe Anti-Fatigue Mat, Beveled Edge, 2 by 3-Feet
- Imprint Cumulus9 Comfort Mat Nantucket 20-inch x 36-inch
Home Cardio Equipment
Having a piece of cardio equipment is the absolute best home gym purchase in my opinion. It’s so nice to have an elliptical trainer or stationary bike available to get a cardio workout in on a rainy or super cold day. Giving cardio equipment as a gift is definitely a larger investment money wise but it is something that
Healthy gift idea –
- Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine (My Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine Review)
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- Exerpeutic Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
Cool Water Bottle
Drinking enough water for your healthy lifestyle is very important so giving a water bottle is a nice way to nudge someone to drink more water.
Healthy gift idea –
- Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
- Camelbak Eddy Bottle
- Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle
Massage Gift Certificate
For my birthday this year I was given a massage gift certificate and it ended up being my favorite gift this year. You can give a massage gift certificate for a free massage that can be used after a hard workout or even just to relax.
Healthy gift idea – massage gift certificate:
Sports Store Gift Card
If you aren’t quite sure what to get the fitness minded person in your life, you can always get them a gift card. You can personalize this Christmas gift idea by choosing a sports store that they often shop at so they can use it to replace tennis shoes or buy new active clothes they can wear.
Healthy gift idea – sports store gift cards:
Hopefully these healthy gift ideas give you are a great start to your Christmas shopping for all the healthy people in your life.