I love granola. Mmmmmm. A while ago my awesome friend Mary Beth pointed me to a recipe for “nutty granola” that she likes to make. On Sunday I had some free time and decided to try it out.
Nutty Granola Recipe
- Cooking Spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using.
(I use more than the recipe)
- Start mixing.
- Until it looks nice and mixed.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- GOLDEN BROWN!
- Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Or ziplock bags…which is what I use.
There ya have it! It made a little more than 4 cups worth. I really like this granola. It’s kind of sweet like granola but still definitely tastes like nuts. I like it with yogurt.. I used it instead of the granola that came with the yogurt. Adds a little bit more protein! It’s also pretty high calorie, but what granola isn’t? It’s not something to be downing by the handful every five minutes. Just a nice touch to things, or a small snack. ;)