As soon as I saw this recipe idea on Pinterest I knew I wanted to recreate it immediately. I woke up the following morning and made myself one of the greatest breakfasts I’ve ever made: sweet potato hash with eggs!
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs Recipe
Recipe inspired by The Kitchn, an awesome source for recipes and ideas. I makee a smaller version with a few differences in ingredients.
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2-4 strips bacon
- 2-4 eggs
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs Recipe Directions:
- Cut onions by dicing them. Melt butter into skillet and cook onions over medium heat until they are dark brown.
- Chop unpeeled sweet potatoes into small cubes. Add minced garlic and salt and onions to mix well.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 to 45 minutes until they are soft and browned.
- Cook bacon in skillet to desired texture. Crumble into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Mix it up!
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer in a baking dish or cast iron skillet. Make small wells and crack in eggs.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees until eggs are baked through.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy! Delicious!
Just, so, so good. I also like adding hot sauce to this to finish it off if I’m in the mood for something spicy. If you’ve never made anything like this then you definitely need to make this…ASAP. It’s got tons of texture and flavor. It’s perfect as a brunch recipe!