Guys, it’s my half birthday!! Six months ago I turned 29, and in 6 months I’ll turn 30.
That’s crazy right? I definitely don’t feel like I’m turning 30 soon.
I’ve never been one of those people who was desperately afraid of turning 30 and refusing to acknowledge it. 30 sounds great! I think my 30s will be a fantastic time. I’m more established, I know what I want and don’t want, and I have found my place and people in the world. A lot of things are settled and comfortable and that is exciting as I go into a new decade.
Yet, I’m also still wanting to make the most of the momentous occasion! I’ve done a lot of cool things in my life like studying in Europe, living abroad, multiple cross country road trips, bungee jumping, etc. I like to make lists and accomplish things so I’m taking the opportunity to do the same thing in the last 6 months of my 20s!
20 Things To Do Before Turning 30
Here’s my list of things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. It’s not a crazy list, just a way for me to make the best of the next 6 months. I’ll mark them off as I complete them!
- Run another 5k. (And get a better time!)
- Get in my best shape yet. (Fit, not a weight number!)
- Try a new to me fitness class. (Anything I’ve not done before.)
- Complete a new to me fitness event/race/thing. (Obstacle course maybe?)
- Get the next 2 lifetime miles Fitbit badges. (Lots of steps!)
- Try 30 new recipes. (5 per month)
32 new to me healthy Memphis restaurants. (I have a waiting list of places to go!)
1) Lyfe Kitchen
- Write 30 handwritten notes. (I love writing notes but don’t do it often enough.)
- Create at least 1 product to sell. (This has been on my mind forever to do!)
- Learn to use Photoshop. (I’m okay with InDesign, but I want to conquer Photoshop next.)
Take a class in something I’ve never done. (Anything! Calligraphy? Acting? Something!)
- Finish my current scrapbook. (Working on the first pages now. I have lots to do!)
- Try out morning pages. (A writing technique I really want to give a shot.)
- Read 3 personal development books. (Just 3. Any suggestions for good books?)
- Volunteer with a new cause. (Hopefully find a long lasting volunteer gig.)
- Give blood. (Multiple times.)
- Host a party or dinner for my family. (Maybe for the holidays. I love hosting parties and family!)
- Plan a fun weekend with my mom. (Mom retired and deserves a million nice things, including a fun weekend.)
Go on a trip somewhere, anywhere. (Anything outside of Memphis! Love this city but I like going away.)
East Tennessee trip for Thanksgiving!
- Save $5,000 for buying a house!! (This is actually my main goal for the next six months. I’m planning to buy a house when I’m 30 now that I’ve settled on a place so I want to save up another $5k for it! This is the biggest commitment but I can do it.)
As always these fall into a few categories: health, creativity, and social. My favorite areas! Also areas where there is always room for improvement. :)
I tried to make the goals super achievable, like reading 3 books in 6 months rather than reading 3 books a month. I like setting goals for myself but often setting and not achieving goals makes me feel worse instead of better. So having achievable goals is a great option.
I’m super duper excited about the next few months because it’s going to be a great journey leading up until I turn 30. I’m going to do some new things, solidify my path, and just enjoy the heck out of life! Can’t wait!