Today I wanted to share healthy snack ideas for anyone participating in an challenge. Snacks can be one of the most confusing things when your are doing the challenge. You can only eat so many raw almonds before you are incredibly bored with them! Having a list of snacks you can break out during the different parts of the challenge helps keep things fun and exciting.
During the challenge you will eat a colorful diet full of healthy foods based around lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. This means your snacks during the challenge need to be wholesome whole foods instead of any processed or junk foods. Of course this will take some extra time and effort to get everything ready but it will be worth it in the end because you’ll get much better results.
Below are some of my favorite healthy snack ideas that you can use during the challenge or at any time!
Sweet Potato Chips by Undressed Skeleton
Zucchini Chips by Table For Two Blog
“Cheesy” Nacho Spinach Chips by Lost Garden
Guacamole Deviled Eggs by Ari’s Menu
No Bake Energy Bites by AdvoCare Runner
Homemade Muscle Gain Protein Bars by Brad Rants
More Snack Ideas
Here are some easy snack ideas that don’t involve any recipes or cooking:
- Celery sticks with nut butter (almond butter or cashew butter is super tasty!)
- Edamame bought fresh and steamed is a great high protein snack
- Medium apples sliced with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter (no extra ingredients)
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots with hummus of your choice
- Hard boiled eggs are an easy all-in-one snack
- A cup of grapes and 10 almonds pair together for a tasty snack
- Rice cakes topped with natural peanut butter
- Rice cake topped with mashed avocado and salsa
- 1/c cup nonfat cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of fruit
- 1/2 nonfat greek yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- Low fat string cheese paired with fruit
- Seasoned kale chips
- Sliced cucumber and sliced tomato with olive oil and black pepper
- Banana “ice cream”
- Baked apple chips
- 1 serving protein powder with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk for a shake
- 1/2 serving of protein powder combined with 1/2 cup greek yogurt
Remember during the challenge you have to avoid processed foods, fried foods, and candy. If those are things you sometimes turn to during snacking phases… beware! You also have to avoid coffee and soda which was the hardest part for me. My 3 pm “snack” some days at work is an extra cup of coffee so during the challenge that habit has to change.
Hopefully the suggestions above will give you ideas on what kind of snacks you can have during the challenge!