I saw this strength training infographic the other day and really wanted to share it. I haven’t been doing much strength training lately as my gym schedule has been a bit crazy. They were under construction moving things around and then closed for the holidays. However, when the new year comes? I’m hitting the weights hard. I want more than anything to feel strong. It’s one of my favorite feelings in the world and lifting weights makes me feel invincible. Good reason to keep it in the workout routine right?
Well this infographic covers more reasons why strength training is a must add for your workout.
10 Reasons To Strength Train
- Strenghth = sexy, sculpted, toned
- Stronger core = better posture
- Better sleep
- Lower bad cholesterol & lower blood pressure
- Burn more calories at rest
- Natural antidepressant increases endorphins, boosts dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin
- Torches body fat and can reduce it by 7%
- Stops, prevents, and reverses bone and muscle loss
- Helps prevent and manage diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis, Depression, etc.
- Better body mechanics = better coordination, balance, and overall wellness
Those are some very good reasons to lift, right? It makes me want to hit the gym asap to lift some heavy weights. I’ve definitely noticed some of these same benefits when I’m regularly strength training. I usually sleep much better and feel happier overall which are two benefits you can reap quickly. The others take time and might not be something you notice for years but they are definitely all worth striving for through strength training!
Infographic compiled and provided by Health Central.