It looks like I was on to something when I posted about The Stack.
It seems that most of us have a stack of our own, or maybe even just a single piece of clothing, that acts as our inspiration and goal. We all are going to wear those clothes one day. I know it. Clothing goals will be achieved; the stack will be dominated!
Speaking of goals…
I’m waaay behind on my bike 2011 miles in 2011 goal.
I’m only at 89 miles right now for the month of January. That’s slightly more than half of the average 168 miles I need to do to hit the goal. Oopsie!
I took last week off – more or less – and didn’t bike at all. I wanted a brief period after my tri with no training plan so I could do whatever fun exercise I wanted. It was fun and I enjoyed it but I’m sorry now that I didn’t bike anywhere. Because I haven’t biked lately I’m slowly falling very far behind on my goal. It’s definitely still achievable but I’m going to be doing some catch up work in the next few weeks.
So tonight I plan on going for a bike ride and riding the stationary bike at the gym. I wasn’t going to count stationary bike miles but I realize if I don’t I will never make my goal (because I don’t bike when it’s raining). So I’m going to count them as well. I’m also going to tentatively look forward to a long bike ride at the end of the year that will probably push me way past 2011 miles. But I can’t talk about that yet. ;)
Clearly I’ve been slacking a little bit on the biking 2011 miles goal, but I did already complete my complete a triathlon in 2011 goal! And I’m actually on track with every other goal as well! I’m doing great really.
(Update) Here’s the list of my goals for 2011 and how I’m progressing:
- Learn to sew. – Not yet.
- Read a book a week. – 4/52 books read
- Cook my way through a cookbook. – I chose Roni’s Green Lite Bites cookbook for this. It’s on it’s way!
- Clean up my eating. – I’ve cut out the extra sweets and I’m doing good with this as of this week.
- Run a 5k. – I’ve been running and increasing my time spent running. (Did 6 minutes the other day!)
- Complete a triathlon. – Completed Jan 23!!
- Ride 2011 miles on my bike. – 89/2011 miles rode
- Pay off credit card debt. – Steadily chugging along. Wish it was faster but must save for wedding plane tickets.
- Increase A Merry Life traffic. – Obviously this happened since January is a killer month.
- Find a part time job. – Not yet. I seem to be unemployable?
- Get married and have the best wedding ever. – Planning for this is going well.
I wanted to do a goals check in at some point at the end/beginning of each month so I can check in and keep myself on track to achieve all my goals. Anyone want to join me in doping the same?
How are you doing on your goals/resolutions for the year? I hope no one has given up yet!