There are two months left in the year. I wanted to check in on my 2011 goals at this point to see what I’ve accomplished and what I still need to work on. Looking back through previous posts I realized this is my fourth goals update this year. I’d like to make these last two months count!
2011 Goals Update
- Complete a triathlon. – Completed my first triathlon Jan 23!!
- Pay off credit card debt. – I paid off over $5,000 in debt this year.
- Find a part time job. – I destroyed this goal with my awesome FULL TIME job! I’m still working this job and still loving it.
- Increase A Merry Life traffic. – This has happened. Thank you all so much for visiting and being a part of my blog! I hope you continue to stick around and share in my adventures (and I hope my content is interesting!)
- Clean up my eating/quit binge eating. – I haven’t binged for months even during the stressful period. Therapy for binge eating really helped me accomplish this.
Happening or Upcoming
- Learn to sew. – Can watching episodes of Project Runway count? No? Well, I can hand sew but I’m still looking for an opportunity to use a machine.
- Read a book a week. – I’m still roughly on track with this since I’m counting 52 books a year for an average of one a week. I need to hit up the library and read a couple a week for the next two months though!
- Run a 5k. – I’m not sure if this will happen. Taking a break from running put me way back once again. I seem to get up to 1 or 2 miles running then break and always start over. Boo.
- Cook my way through a cookbook. – I need to find a new dairy-free cookbook to cook through since my eating habits have changed drastically since the start of the year.
- Ride 2011 miles on my bike. – Not having a bike while living in Memphis set me back on this goal and unless I spent hours a day biking until the end of the year it’s just not going to happen. Maybe I’ll aim for 2012 miles next year since I plan to be in NZ the whole time.
I thought when I set out to do this goals update list I’d be disappointed by all the stuff I hadn’t accomplished. But I’m actually feeling quite good about my list! Sure there are three things that I might not accomplish this year (or I might in the next two months!). But the biggest things on my list that have the most impact on my life have already been accomplished:
Sounds like a pretty successful year to me so far! Let’s see what I can do with these next two months. ;)