Howdy, y’all! Today I’m looking back at 2014. It’s been an awesome year for me. I haven’t blogged as much as I did in the past but this website has still been something I’ve really cherished. It’s also a place where I plan to do more in 2015, thanks to the encouragement of one of my real life best friends who is also now a blogger!
2014 In Review
Honestly, 2014 has been a really exciting year for me personally. I’ve met some of the best people and developed great relationships that make my heart sing. I live in the same city as my best friends and my family that I love. It’s been a really good year for me!
Here are some of the other highlights that I actually did blog about this year:
Lots of time spent at Shelby Farms Dog Park. This is JuJu’s favorite place so obviously we go there a lot. My baby gets what my baby wants! Sometimes. She’s also lucky that her uncle takes her to the park too!
I found my recipe for energy. After a really scary period of being so tired I couldn’t function, I figured out the right mix of things to make me feel energetic and great! I started using lots of vitamins and supplements for anxiety and general health which made me feel so. much. better.
My polar loop made me move more. Wearing my Polar Loop more often and forcing myself to complete steps challenges was a critical part of my year and activity. Creating a steps challenge for myself was a great way to get me moving and make each day active whether I had planned to go to the gym or not.
I moved houses. Halfway through the year I moved into an adorable little house that I’ve decorated and made my own. I made myself a moving wish list at the time and it’s fun to look back and see that I’ve bought almost everything on it throughout the year. Moving was a fun experience and having my own place with enough space to invite people over has been awesome.
I completed the Advocare cleanse. The cleanse was a fantastic experience and I’m glad I completed it with my boss at the time. I fell in love with Advocare Spark as my energy drink of choice and am considering doing another cleanse or a full challenge in 2015. It’s just an idea but I did enjoy this experience in 2014 and am happy to report that I’m down a few pounds overall for the year.
Gratitude journaling change my perspective. Using a gratitude journal daily helped me see past immediate negativity to the great things that were happening each day. If you force yourself to find things you are grateful for you will eventually start finding them on your own easily.
2014 Top Posts
I didn’t write many posts this year, but these were the most popular of the bunch!
- 50 Fitness Motivation Quotes for your Motivation Board – Getting motivated to workout can be tough sometimes so these fitness motivation quotes will get you going!
- Cool Kitchen Tools You Probably Don’t Need But Want Anyway – I love little random kitchen tools that have a single use or silly purpose. You probably don’t need them… but they are fun!
- Things YOU Buy – I shared the things you guys as readers bought via Amazon. Lots of cool products here and I was actually inspired to purchase some.
- Advocare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse Thoughts & Results – One of my favorite experiences and most popular posts!
- I’m Loving… Benefiber (Benefiber Review) – I started supplementing with Benefiber this year and it was a great decision.
- Healthy Christmas Gift Ideas For Weight Loss in 2014 – This was written for Christmas but these gifts are good any time of year!
- Healthy Stocking Stuffer Gift Ideas – Stocking stuffers tend to be full of candy and unhealthy items, but this list shares some great healthy stocking stuffer gifts.
- Fitness & Health Update – Apparently I don’t update about this stuff enough because this post was pretty popular!
- How to Save Money on Food – If you want to keep your grocery budget low like I do, this post is pretty helpful. Thanks for sharing and visiting it!
- How to Monetize A Food Blog – I added this page to the health blog guide section of the site because I had gotten specific questions and searches from people. Glad to see it’s helpful!
If you missed any, feel free to go back to read and share them!
2014 Goal of the Year
In 2014 my goal for the year was to find balance. It was a goal word that encompassed finances, health, weight, emotions, spiritual life, and more. Aiming for a simple and balanced life sounded slightly boring but it was something I needed desperately.
At the end of the year I’m looking back and realizing that without a ton of conscious planning and thought I did actually achieve this. I feel very balanced and incredibly happy. My life is full of positive aspects and there are so many things for me to look forward to every day. The simple pleasures in life mean so much more to me now.
I’m not sure what my future holds but I’ve worked hard this year to be present and grateful for what I have RIGHT NOW. This has helped me change my attitude and my perspective. Life isn’t always perfect but the chances are that the life you have right now is pretty amazing. It just matters what you focus on as to how you feel about it!
I had a great year… how about you?