If you’re not wanting eggs for breakfast but still want a protein punch, try protein oatmeal pancakes. I love making these in place of regular pancakes just to have a bit more protein for breakfast.
Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe
Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (depending on how much protein you want/need you can use a whole scoop)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional)
Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe Possible Toppings:
- maple syrup
- mashed banana
- peanut butter
Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe Directions:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. It should be somewhat runny/liquid enough to pour.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat to medium.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and spread it out with a spoon to a pancake shape.
- Cook for a few minutes until you can shake the pancake free in the pan. Then flip and cook the other side until you can do the same thing.
- When it’s done put it on a plate and add your favorite toppings.
That’s the basic recipe I normally use to make these protein pancakes. You can change it up and use less of everything to make smaller pancakes or double it to make pancakes for multiple people.
I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate for the protein powder when I make these chocolate protein pancakes. You can use this or really any chocolate flavor protein powder that you are used to cooking with on a regular basis.
The thing is you can play around with this idea until you find what you like. You could add more protein or go sweet and add chocolate chips or dried fruit to the batter. And you can top them with almost anything you like. Very easy and an awesome way to eat oatmeal if you get bored with eating oatmeal plain.