Pancakes aren’t something I make often, but every once in a while I’ll get a craving to have pancakes of some kind. It usually happens on a leisurely Sunday Funday!
I originally discovered this recipe when I didn’t have any flour in the house so I decided to experiment with a lower carb pancake option: Banana Egg PB2 Pancakes.
Banana Egg PB2 Pancakes
The banana + egg pancakes recipe has been around for a while in the low-carb/healthy living world so I decided to take that basic recipe and add some extras. I love pancakes with peanut butter so I thought it might be a good combination. I just purchased PB2 to try it out and thought this might be a good first recipe. Plus, I love recipes with just a few ingredients!
Banana Egg PB2 Pancake Ingredients:
(amount used for pancakes for 2)
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp PB2
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Banana Egg PB2 Pancake Directions:
- Mash up the bananas until there are no lumps.
- Beat in the eggs and egg whites.
- Mix in the cinnamon and PB2.
- Whisk until it is a thin, runny consistency. The batter wasn’t the most beautiful thing I’ve ever created, but it worked for the purpose of making a couple pancakes.
- I used coconut oil in a pan over medium heat to cook. My pancakes never come out perfectly circular, but that’s ok!
The end result was a very nice tasting version of banana egg pancakes. I had less than half of the mix which made 6 small pancakes. I added more peanut butter and a bit of organic maple syrup on top of mine. Delicious!
This don’t have the exact texture of “normal” pancakes but I really enjoy them. I also love knowing what went into them. Definitely will be making this again one day in the future. It’s a great special Sunday breakfast!
More Pancake Recipes
Try out these other awesome pancake posts!