My daily steps challenge is off to a pretty weak start. I didn’t set an official start day though I should have picked today, a Monday. The past few days have been consumed by family activities as my brother got married this weekend. It was incredibly fun working to set up the wedding and I really enjoyed the experience of adding new family members to our clan.
However, all that awesomeness means that I haven’t yet hit my daily goal of steps. I didn’t wear my Polar Loop for a full day, but each day I’ve had a lot more steps counted than I normally would have otherwise. While it’s encouraging, I want to do better and actually hit that higher number I set for myself.
- lots of steps even though I didn’t hit 13,000 once
- challenge reminds me to move more
- awareness of areas that need to improve
Things to improve:
- getting in a daily workout at the gym
- finding time and motivation for walks despite yucky weather
- waking up earlier and go on a walk with juju
- finding ways to get in activity at the end of the day
I think to hit my goal a daily workout has to be included. 30 minutes on the elliptical or a Zumba class will easily get me to 13,000 steps but without it I’ve struggled to get past the 10,000 range with additional activity.
I also realize now that updating daily won’t happen since I’m no longer a daily blogger and really don’t want to be. I will be tracking daily with my Polar Loop and I’ll try to update at least weekly with successes and failures.
I’m off now to get in more steps for my daily count today! It’s a Monday and I’m going to hit 13,000 no matter what!