A few days ago a friend mentioned making this particular sugar scrub for gift. It sounded so amazing I immediately went home and made myself some to use. I was blown away by the results – this simply homemade DIY sugar scrub made my skin feel so luxurious and soft! I loved it!
After that initial test I decided to make some on my own for Christmas gifts this year (even for Jason after he requested some too!). It leaves your skin feeling fresh and with a slight peppermint smell – perfect for the holidays and upcoming winter months.
Sugar scrubs are a great exfoliator and moisturizer for the skin yet they are a very inexpensive beauty recipe to make. A good sugar scrub can be used on the face, body, feet, or hands and results in silky, smooth feeling skin.
This DIY sugar scrub is super easy and only takes a few ingredients. I’ve included a video and instructions on how to make it below. I made them in candy cane layers because I loved the style. I made a special blue one for someone that loves the Memphis Tigers.
DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Red food coloring
- Mar jar apothecary jar with lid
- Add sugar to a bowl.
- Add coconut oil to separate bowl. Warm slightly in microwave if it is solid so it can be easily mixed.
- Add coconut oil to sugar and stir until desire consistency is mixed.
- Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix.
- Separate sugar scrub in half into two separate bowls.
- Add one or two drops of red food coloring to one bowl of the scrub. Mix to achieve red color.
- Add alternating layers of the colored sugar scrub to the jar you’ve chosen. Press the sugar down with a spoon to compact and make nicer layers.
- To give as a gift, add a bow and add a gift tag and name for the peppermint sugar scrub!
How to use sugar scrub:
- Wet skin with water.
- Scrub skin with 1 tablespoon of mixture as needed.
- Rinse well.
- Enjoy the super smooth skin and delicious peppermint smell!
So easy and simple right?
Sorry to anyone reading my blog from real life today – you are probably going to get a peppermint sugar scrub for Christmas this year among your gifts! I cant help it – I love this stuff!