Since I started running I’ve only worn one type of running shoes: the Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes. Because I’m such a huge fan of this shoe I wanted to create a review of my experience wearing the shoes for the last 3 years through learning to run, training, and running 5ks. I admit, as far as running shoes go, I’ve found my true love and I’m an Adrenaline junkie.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes Details
Sold by Brooks, a company famous for making amazing quality running shoes. Runner’s World named the GTS 13 Editor’s Choice in the Fall Shoe Guide in their December 2012 issue. They call the GTS 13 a “classic stability shoe”, and quoted one wear tester as saying, “it’s soft enough that you can feel the road surface below, but there’s enough padding that you don’t feel as though you’re running on concrete blocks.”
- Lucky 13 is our best Adrenaline GTS yet. We paid special attention to the underfoot flex by adding Omega Flex Grooves and continuing Omni Grooves in the forefoot, allowing the outsole to bend and shape naturally.
- Brooks DNA Cushioning Technology – this ground breaking cushioning technology automatically and physically adapts with each foot strike to provide the optimal balance of cushioning and stability personalized for each runner and each step
- Brooks BioMogo – the first-ever biodegradeable running shoe midsole; our non-toxic, natural additive to the midsole enables it to biodegrade 50x faster than other midsoles without changing the performance or useful life of the shoe.
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a biomechanically engineered midsole that allows for progressive pronation control to create smoother mid-foot to forefoot transition
- HPR Plus Outsole – higher durability, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole compound that extends the life of the tread
What I Like About Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Shoes
There are many reasons why I recommend Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes after wearing them for several years during training, races, and even at the gym.
Here are a few things I like about these shoes.
- Amazing support. If you read the details of these shoes up above then you know they have some awesome cushioning. I’ve never had more supportive shoes which helps a lot when running regularly.
- Great for over-pronation. My worst problem when running is over pronation. This used to cause lots of other problems like knee pain because my shoes were not correcting this problem. These shoes have the ability to correct this and they make my running smoother and have allowed me to run without causing myself pain.
- Super comfortable. These shoes are so comfortable to wear. It’s almost like they don’t need to be broken in – they just fit and feel great from the beginning to the end.
- Good for wide feet. I have such wide feet that finding shoes has always been a problem for me. Luckily these shoes come in wide sizes and they fit my wider feet perfectly.
- Lightweight. These shoes aren’t heavy and even when soaked in water from running in the rain they don’t weigh my feet down. (Side note: they also dry quickly, yay!).
- Guaranteed. Brooks makes great products and they also promise you will like them. All Brooks products come with a no-questions-asked, 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your new Brooks equipment within the first 30 days after purchase, we will replace or exchange your product. No reason not to try, right?
What I Don’t Like About Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes
There is only one thing I don’t like about these running shoes:
- Style. These aren’t ugly running shoes, but they aren’t the cool bright/neon as I would like to wear. They have a few different color combinations in this shoe but I do sometimes covet the pretty neon shoes other people wear (just not enough to change shoes).
What Others Say About Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes
I’m not the only one that LOVES the Brooks Adrenaline Running Shoes. Here’s what other people have said about the shoes:
- “The good: They still provide lots of support, and the motion control support is back toward the heel (like Asics) and not in the arch (like Nike), so it works better for severe pronators. The 13’s seem lighter as well.”
- “I got the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 when I decided to start training for a half marathon. Before my weekly long runs were 4 – 6 miles, and as I increased the frequency and distance of my runs, I started getting shin splints, runner’s knee, and just pain all over. I went to a local running store and got fitted for these. They are great for my slight over-pronation. Pretty much all the pain went away after running in these for about a week.”
- “I buy Brooks Adrenaline every 6 months. They fit perfectly every time. Thanks, Brooks, for not changing these great running shoes.”
- “I love Brooks, and these shoes did not disappoint. I have been running in minimalist/neutral shoes for about two years, after having run in adrenalines and trance for 10yrs prior. I am back to Adrenalines for the extra support! These shoes are comfortable and provide the right amount of control for me. They are also light, and they are a beautiful shoe. I LOVE these.”
- “I think I have owned 15 pairs of these exact shoes. You never have to break them in. Just slip them on and go for a run!”
Glad to know I’m not the only one who buys the same shoes over and over again. :) Read more full reviews on Amazon.
Overall Thoughts On The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13
These shoes are amazing. I’m on my 3rd pair in as many years and will soon be on my 4th. I have gotten the blue ones each time but plan to switch to the purple in the same shoe. I have no plans to change the type of shoe anytime in the near future because these are so perfect for my feet and style of running. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants more support or over pronates or needs a very comfortable running shoe.
However, the best way to get the correct shoe for you and your running style is to ask an expert (not me!). I was fitted for and introduced to these shoes after having an expert at a running store watch me run. I recommend doing this at least once so you know what type of shoe you need. It really does make all the difference when you are running.
If you know the type of shoe you need and the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13 Running Shoes fits that profile, I do recommend them! Enjoy!
If you don’t know what type of shoe you need, get help from an expert or read up on the Amazon Women’s Running Shoe Guide.
Also try any of the other Brooks Running Shoes available. They make amazing running shoes!