Back when I was calorie counting regularly I used a kitchen scale to measure everything. I no longer do that but I still use my kitchen scale regularly for new recipes and when I’m baking. Since I love the kitchen scale I use even after multiple years (and multiple countries) of use, I wanted share my EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale Review.
EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale Details
The EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale is a versatile multifunction home appliance. Designed to be highly accurate and aesthetically pleasing, the Precision Pro is manufactured to the highest quality specifications. Weigh items up to 11 lbs quickly and accurately, with results displayed in four different units: grams / ounces / pounds / kilograms.
- Easy to use multifunction home scale – Perfect for cooks, dieters and families
- Max weight 11lbs; Displays ounces/lbs/grams/kgs; Graduation .05 oz / 1 gram
- Includes FREE EatSmart Calorie Factors guide – Portion control and calorie counting made easy!
- Tare feature eliminates the weight of a plate; 3 Minute Auto-Shutoff lets you prepare ingredients while maintaining battery life
- 2 AAA batteries included
- 100% EatSmart Guaranteed Satisfaction
What I Like About the EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale
There are quite a few things I like about the EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale.
- Capacity. It weighs up to 11 lbs which is more than enough for me. I’ve never really needed to weigh anything that heavy in the kitchen before though it is nice that it can accomodate a full bowl of ingredients when needed (I have used it in this way to separate out portions from a large recipe).
- Precise. This scale is really precise, down to a gram. That’s super useful if you plan on using it for either calorie counting or baking where you want to be as precise as possible.
- Rubber feet. Underneath the scale are rubber feet that prevent the scale from slipping around on the counter. Genius idea, and really helpful to prevent accidental spills (cause I’m a messy cook). It’s a really stable scale to put plates, bowls, etc. on top.
- Affordable. Depending on sales this kitchen scale usually is between $20 – $30. That’s a great deal for a product I’ve used for multiple years. You aren’t paying for advanced technology so kitchen scale prices should reflect that in my opinion.
- Great features. I like that with this scale you can easily zero the scale, tare, change units, and precisely weigh things. That’s what you need in a kitchen scale and this one covers everything perfectly.
- Easy to read weights. This scale has big numbers that make it easy to read.
What I Don’t Like About the EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale
Alas, there is always something to dislike about a product, even one you like!
- Plastic. Yep, it’s a plastic scale which is a bit disappointing when you first get it because it seems a bit flimsy and like it won’t stand up. I’d prefer a fancier scale made of nicer components just because I like nice things (it still works perfectly fine, obviously).
- Plates cover the numbers. Sometimes I’ll position plates incorrectly and they cover the numbers of the weight on the scale. This is slightly annoying but I can still read the numbers I just have to look under where I’ve covered it up.
What Others Say About the EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale
Based on Amazon reviews of the EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale I’m not the only one that is in love with it. It’s got a 5 star rating on Amazon with over 5,000 reviews, if that gives you an idea of how amazing it is.
- “I was pleasantly surprised when this scale arrived. It’s small, lightweight and easy to use. It is very accurate. I weighed 100 grams of shrimp and compared it to a more expensive restaurant scale and both were on the money…100 grams.”
- “So if you’re looking for a low price scale that works great then pick this up. If you need something that looks fancier than buy something else but the look is all you are really paying for.”
- “I think this is the perfect scale for any home chef. I have been impressed by the features that this scale has versus ones I have had in the past, especially at this price point.”
- “I bought this product October 27, 2009 and unfortunately it stopped working this weekend. I called the company to see what I could do and they said that they will send me out a new one at no charge. One of the owners answered the phone. I thought that the company and the owner did great customer service.”
EatSmart has remarkable customer service and always guarantees their products which you’ll see again and again in customer reviews (and it’s one of the reasons why I personally love the company).
Overall Thoughts: EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale
Like I mentioned, I’ve used this particular kitchen scale for years now. You can see it pictured in previous recipes and tutorials throughout my blog. So far it’s stood the test of time and use and accuracy. My scale is the Silver model and it still looks just as good as it did when I first got it.
This kitchen scale is the best bang for your buck possible in the realm of kitchen scales. I’ve used cheaper kitchen scaled and more expensive kitchen scales, yet this one is just as accurate and at a great price point.
If you need a reliable, affordable kitchen scale, you can’t do any better than this. Get it on Amazon: EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale
Also check out some of the other scales offered by EatSmart (I stand behind pretty much any product they make because of how they stand behind their products):
- EatSmart Precision Retro Mechanical Kitchen Scale
- EatSmart Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale
- EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale – Professional Food and Nutrient Calculator
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting A Merry Life!