A friend gave me the Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker as a gift earlier this year and I fell in love with this little gadget. After using it for several months this has become one of my favorite fitness gadgets which is why I wanted to share this Fitbit One review.
Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker Details
Fitness means being active, sleeping well, and eating smarter – and Fitbit One helps you do all three. During the day, it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and stairs climbed. Come nightfall, it measures your sleep cycle to help you see how to sleep better, and it can even wake you in the morning without waking your partner. Your stats upload wirelessly via computer, or select mobile devices (like the iPhone 4S). Powered by your stats, you can set goals, and track progress with charts and graphs. Stay motivated by earning badges or connecting with friends for support or friendly competitions. Log food, work-outs and more. Bring greater fitness into your life – seamlessly, socially, 24 hours a day.
- Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed
- Monitor how long and how well you sleep
- Wakes you (and not your partner) with a silent alarm
- Syncs automatically to your computer or select smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth 4.0
- Set goals, view progress and earn badges
What you get in the box:
- Fitbit One Tracker (Black)
- matching clip
- Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth Smart USB dongle
- charging cable
- sleep wristband
- free Fitbit account
What I Like About The Fitbit One
There are many reasons why I recommend this product. Here are a few things I like about the Fitbit One.
- Price. I did get mine as a gift from a friend but I think the price of $99 is a great price point for this gadget. It’s affordable for the amount of stuff it does.
- Makes you move. There is something about the tracking that makes you move more throughout the day. When I wear mine I’m constantly fitting in little bursts of movement or walking to get my totals higher.
- Small and easy to wear. I love how small the Fitbit One is. It’s not intrusive, it’s easy enough to wear and conceal. You also aren’t limited to wear you can put it as it works in your pocket, on a belt, or on a bra.
- Helps you hit goals. You can set goals and then aim to hit them daily. You can view progress in your account in cool charts and graphs and earn badges when you hit your goals.
- Monitors sleep. If you are like most adults you don’t get enough or good enough sleep. The Fitbit One monitors your sleep and wakes you and helps you improve your sleep cycles which leads to a healthier life and weight loss and general well being.
- Rechargeable. One of my favorite things about the Fitbit One is that it’s rechargeable. Just plug it into a computer and let it charge up for the next use! So easy and no worries about changing out batteries and all that. It’s got a very good battery life and can be used for several days before it needs a recharge.
- Helps people lose weight. Because the Fitbit One makes you conscious of your activity and helps you move more it aids in weight loss. I know several people who have used the tool to drop 20-30 pounds.
What I Don’t Like About The Fitbit One
No device is perfect and there are a couple things I don’t like about the FitBit.
- Not 100% accurate. There are very few devices like this that are 100% perfect, so I’ll give it some slack. But it’s good to know going in that it’s not an exact number but just a “close” one.
- Can be lost. I haven’t lost my own Fitbit yet but do know of some people that have had the Fitbit slip out of their pocket or other concelead carrying place without them noticing until much later. Unfortunately it does happen so it’s goo to be aware of this since it is a tiny device that can be lost.
Overall Thoughts On The Fitbit One
The Fitbit One is so cool! It tracks steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed, monitors sleep, and then translates all the data to your computer so you can set goals and view your progress. I love it since it’s a great way to see where you are movement wise at any point in the day and historically. It’s great for making you more conscious of your daily activity so you move more and improve your life cycles.
Highly recommended for the geeky fitness people in your life or anyone that wants to learn more about their daily activities so they can more easily incorporate movement. You’ll find yourself moving more just to hit your goals.
Get it on Amazon: Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker
Get it on Fitbit.com: Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker
There are affiliate links in this post. Thank you for supporting A Merry Life!