I previously reviewed Polar’s FT7 Heart Rate Monitor and now want to share an update on the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor, the slightly different heart rate monitor version that is still great for a beginner or more advanced athlete. Enjoy this Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Review!
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Details
The Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor provides a smarter training experience. Whether your goal is to lose weight or improve your fitness, Polar’s easy-to-use heart rate based Smart Coaching features will guide you to exercise efficiently and motivate you to reach your fitness goals. The FT4 provides continuous, accurate heart rate and lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned. In addition, it stores your last ten training sessions so you can track your progress. Requires and includes comfortable fabric heart rate chest strap (adjustable size M-XXL).
- Provides continuous, accurate heart rate to keep your fitness training simple
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape; Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
- User replaceable battery and water resistant (30m)
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
The FT4 heart rate monitor helps you exercise smarter with its easy-to-use heart rate based features. Perfect for active exercisers who want to track their intensity and calories burned during any activity. When you buy it on Amazon it comes with:
- FT4 heart rate monitor
- H1 heart rate sensor
- FT4 Getting Started Guide
What I Like About the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- Great price! Depending on the color you want these heart rate monitors are between $60-70. This is a great entry level price for a heart rate monitor.
- Easy to use. This heart rate monitor is so easy to use and it’s great for beginner
- Accurate calorie burn. This heart rate monitor is very accurate and will track intensity and calories during any activity including things like swimming.
- Helps you hit calorie burns and training goals. After each workout, the FT4 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. You don’t have to guess if your workout was effective.
- Useful training data. You will have useful stuff like average and maximum heart rate of training, age based target zone, and calories burned. All of this is useful when you are training or trying to lose weight by burning calories. It also keeps 10 training files on your monitor so you can review past workouts.
- Connects with gym equipment. If you workout in a gym you can connect to any gym equipment using GymLink.
- Great technology. It’s backlight, water resistant, and you can replace the battery on your own. All of these technology features make for a better user experience.
What I Don’t Like About the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- Less features. I go back and forth on this being a pro and con, but ultimately this heart rate monitor doesn’t have as many features as others do.
- Chest strap must be well taken care of to work properly. As someone who often forgets things, I will say it’s very important to remember to care properly for the chest strap and rinse the strap after each use for the best possible use, otherwise it gets a bit wonky.
Other than that there really aren’t many things wrong with this heart rate monitor. For what it is as an entry level heart rate monitor it’s a great deal and a really useful piece of technology to have in your gym bag.
Get the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
The Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor is available on Amazon, at Polar, or at most major sporting good retailers.
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor (Purple/Pink)
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor, Green
There are affiliate links in this post. Thank you for supporting A Merry Life!