Today I got a new toy in the mail: a Fitbit Flex!
These are part of our work wellness initiative and they arrived in the mail today so it was the most exciting mail delivery so far. I immediately opened the box and put it on, of course. Tracking all my sitting at the desk job!
We got them in the afternoon so I spent the rest of the day playing around with all the functions. I already love the iPhone app and all the information it shows.
Not bad for just a few hours! I wish my “active minutes” number was higher but it’s pretty representative of a normal afternoon.
I’m planning to keep an eye on the calories burned, track my steps, and track my water intake via the app. I don’t plan on counting calories again but those other indicators along with sleep tracking should be a great representation of overall healthiness day-to-day.
Fitbit Flex details:
If you’ve never heard of the a Fitbit Flex before, here’s a bit of what it does:
- fitness tracker that tracks everything from activity to steps
- worn around the wrist with interchangeable bands
- allows you to set personal goals
- data viewable in app or on website
- can have friends and do challenges (um, y’all need to friend me ASAP)
- ability to log calories and set food goals
- tracks sleep and sets silent alarms
- syncs stats to computer and mobile wirelessly and automatically (so convenient)
I’ve been playing around with all the different features since I got it this afternoon and I’m already so excited. I had major fitness tracker fatigue with my Polar Loop after a steps challenge I did, but this is rejuvenating my excitement about it!
Why I’m Excited
There are several things that the Fitbit Flex does that my Polar Loop didn’t.
1) Changes colors! I can order a ton of different Fitbit Flex bands in all sorts of colors for really reasonable prices. I love the fact that I’ll be able to change the color and look of this since I plan to wear it a lot. That was one of my main complaints about my Loop… it was always just a black fitness tracker.
2) Vibrating alarms. I love the alarm feature on the Fitbit Flex and I’ve only just tested it out. I’m excited to try it as my morning alarm clock. Since I’m a light sleeper and dislike alarm clocks in general, this might be a great alternative way to wake up.
3) Sleep tracking. I’m really excited about the sleep tracking function. I’ve been tired a lot lately and my sleeping habits haven’t been the best so I’m curious to see what data I can pull from wearing the Fitbit Flex at night to track my sleep. I’ll definitely learn some things here.
4) Corporate wellness. Our whole company has these now and we are planning to use them as a corporate wellness initiative to keep everyone healthy. We are also getting gym memberships soon which is exciting. I’m learning all sorts of things about employee perks that I want to implement in my own business one day.
Walk With Me
If you can’t tell, I’m pretty excited. I love gadgets and data so another fitness tracker to play with is super fun. And because I’m so excited, my boyfriend Jason went ahead and ordered one off Amazon too! We tend to be competitive so it should be fun to see who gets the most steps during the day.
If you’re already using a Fitbit, add me as a friend!