Another Friday Five post! Do you guys even like these posts? I liked writing last week’s. :)
I’ve been thinking a lot, a lot, A LOT, about goal setting this week in terms of my life and healthy living journey. I’m pretty happy with where my life is in general but I don’t want to ever be stuck in a certain aspect.
Always moving forward. Being happy. Being healthy. Yes.
Basically, I decided this week to set some goals and work on my existing goals for the year. Some are still in process of being fully developed (I’ll share later) and some have been decided completely. Good news is I’m starting to make some progress mentally so I’m at least moving in a good direction than being stuck.
As far as weighing in and using the scale moving forward I’ve decided to weigh in once a month. That way I’m keeping tabs on it but not focusing on it too much because health is more than weight. I think I’ll weigh in around the first on the month each month. Thanks for helping me sort through that!
Five Healthy Things I’m Working On Now (Goals)
1. Tri training! I’m going to do the same short triathlon I did at the beginning of the year again in 2012. Why? Because it’s on my birthday! I figure beating my time for the first tri would be a good birthday present to myself, right?
2. Eating more veggies. I’m going to start charting my servings of fruits and veggies and giving myself stickers. I’m a five year old who doesn’t eat enough veggies, apparently, but I’m going to work on it!
3. Strength training. This is something I feel pretty passionate about and love doing, so I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing. I’ll keep moving up in weight and getting strong because I love it.
4. Eating enough protein. Lately I’ve been stuck on eating waaaay too many carbs. I need to up my protein levels so this is something I want to track and increase.
5. Take my vitamins! I am a forgetful one and skip days but would like to be better about doing this daily.
Oopsies…. I normally like to do 5 of 5 because I’m all weird about numbers like that, but I’ve got other stuff to do! So I’m off to the store and craft land where I’m finishing things up and getting excited for tomorrow.
Enjoy your weekends!