Happy Friday Y’all! It’s not the prettiest day here in Memphis but it’s still a lovely day to be alive, right?
Here’s my day…
5 Things About Coworking
- Coworking is what I’m doing now that I’m a cool freelancer.
- Coworking is a style of work that involves a shared working environment, often an office, and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office environment, those coworking are usually not employed by the same organization. Typically it is attractive to work-at-home professionals, independent contractors, or people who travel frequently who end up working in relative isolation. (Thanks Wikipedia!)
- Coworking gives me a way to not isolate myself by working at home. I hate being isolated, that’s part of why I have a blog! Connections! People! Love y’all!
- I know pretty much everyone in this particular coworking place. I never knew how many people I knew in Memphis. It’s crazy that this city is really more of a small town!
- Coworking in Memphis came along at the right time for me which is part of why I made the jump to freelancing… it all fell into place at the right time.
5 Things I’m Looking Forward To This Weekend
- Going to see the Hunger Games movie cause I liked the books.
- Hanging out with a variety of friends.
- Listening and laughing with my roommates who crack me up.
- Making a yummy egg/sausage/broccoli bake for breakfasts next week.
- Taking a slight break from working!
5 Awesome Free Ebooks
- How Successful People Manage Their Life and Time
- 1,001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes: The Only Slow-Cooker Cookbook You’ll Ever Need
- Albert Einstein: ‘s Life Changing Lessons – Einstein on Success, Business & How to Build an Amazing Life
- Feed the Pig: Tons of Tips to Pinch, Stretch, and Save Your Money
- Les Misérables (English language) (I downloaded this one, but it’s like 900+ pages so who knows when I’ll actually read it!)
5 Bands/Musicians I’m Loving Cause I’m Always On Pandora
- Two Door Cinema Club
- The Bravery
- John Newman
5 Things I Really, Really Want Right Now
- To earn enough money to help my mom retire. AND send her on a vacation. My main goals right now are to get to a place where I can help out my mommy cause she deserves it. I work for me but I also work so I can help her.
- Indian food. I’m not eating out these days but I’m totally craving Indian after a few months without it. Anyone want to come eat Indian food with me? Yummmm.
- Lotion for my hands. Did you know that winter is my least favorite season? There are tons of reasons for this but one is my flaky, dry hands that I can’t keep from drying out. It’s the worst and I really wish I had good lotion in my purse at the moment.
- Tea. I’m planning on buying some new teas soon because I want to wean myself off coffee in the next few weeks. I picked up a wicked coffee habit last year (among other things) and I’d like to drop it. It does me no favors really since it’s not good for my teeth and comes with extra calories in the form of creamer and sweeteners.
- To find my place in the world. I’m doing a pretty good job of this lately and things are starting to feel right but there are still some rough edges and confusing bits. This might always be the case (probably will), but after so much bouncing around and running and chasing, I’m really wanting a simple, stable life in one place where I just plant roots and establish my own little place in the world.
What do you really want right now?