Welcome to my guide on gifts for a people with back pain! I hope these gift ideas help you select the perfect thing for your loved one! Links contain affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you this site will make a commission.
Once you hit the age of 30, you start to know a lot more people suffering from back pain. My husband and I both have suffered from back pain temporarily. For the holiday season or any time of year, the gift of back pain relief is sure to please.
We’ve collected some practical gift ideas for people with back pain. These gift ideas help alleviate back pain and some even help it go away naturally. Some of the gift ideas are also a great solution to help your loved ones prevent the agony of back pain by practicing proper ergonomics while sitting and standing.
Gift Ideas for People with Back Pain
If you’re looking to buy gifts for people with back pain, the following list of back pain relief gift ideas is sure to help.
Back Support Products
There are many different kinds of back support products out there that will help relieve and prevent back pain. A lumbar cushion is a great idea to help relieve back pain while sitting. Back support cushions made out of memory foam will mold to the shape of your back and help you maintain proper posture. The extra support provided by these back support products helps keep the user’s back in the proper position.
- Duro-Med Relax-a-Bac with Insert and Strap
- HoMedics Lumbar Cushion Support Pillow
- Fellowes Professional Series Back Support
Back Pain Mat
Back pain mats are acupressure mats. They are designed to relieve the tension in your neck and back muscles, help circulation, and stimulate the release of endorphins and oxytocin for a natural soothing and calming feeling. These mats are a great idea for people with back pain because they can be used while lying down, relaxing, watching tv, reading, or doing yoga.
- Best Back Pain Relief – Acupressure Mat & Pillow Set
- Nayoya Acupressure Mat for Back Pain Relief
- Midnight Blue Hemp Acupressure Massage Mat with carry-bag
Back stretchers use natural traction to stretch back muscles and relieve back pain through controlled traction. This natural method of relieving back pain also helps relax your lower back, shoulders, and neck muscles. It’s a great gift idea because people can use it while sitting to provide better back support and improve posture as well.
- North American Healthcare JB4866 Arched Back Stretcher
- VacuPractor – Back Pain Relief Device
- Head Neck Spine Cervical Traction Kit Set Device System
Back braces are recommended for muscle spasms, back strains, back sprains, and chronic unstable lumbar spine. Back braces these days are lightweight, adjustable, and easy to wear during daily activities. Back braces are great gifts for people recovering from slipped discs or other chronic back problems since it improves posture and assists in keeping people in the proper position throughout the day.
- Mueller Adjustable Lumbar Back Brace, Black, Regular
- Mueller Adjustable Back Brace, Black, One Size
- McDavid Back Support
A lot of back pain is caused by tension and stress in muscles in the neck and back. A massage cushion helps relax those tense muscles and improves blood circulation. This alleviates back tension and pain naturally. Massage cushions are great gifts because they help relieve stress and are portable so they will fit in chairs at home, work, or even in cars.
I actually bought the Zyllion massage pillow and have been using it for back pain and other massage for years now. It was well worth buying and I’ve loved being able to get a quick massage at home!
- Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Heat (Black)
- Dr. Scholl’s DR8573 Soothing Full Cushion Massager
- The Sharper Image Air and Shiatsu Massage Cushion
Books about Back Pain Relief
Books about how to relieve back pain are a great gift idea because giving the knowledge to relieve pain to someone is a priceless gift. Simply knowing what to do makes many people feel in control of their lives and helps them tackle the problem of back pain with more confidence.
- Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
- 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back
- 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life: How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain
Back Exercise DVDs
Often back pain is caused from sitting too long and not moving enough. The repetitive work without breaks leads to chronic back pain. You can help people relieve this pain by helping them get moving and exercising their back. These workout DVDs show people how to exercise their back and get the muscles working properly, making it a great gift idea.
- Viniyoga Therapy Complete Back Care 2-DVD Set
- Back Care Yoga
- Yoga for the Rest of Us – Back Care Basics
Back Support Memory Foam Mattress Topper
We all spend a large chunk of our lives sleeping. This means that our mattress can drastically affect our lives and bodies if it is not properly configured to relieve back pain and provide proper support. While giving a new mattress might be too much, a great gift idea is a memory foam topper. These start at an affordable $50 in price and can change the life of the gift recepient.
- 2? Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Pinzon Basics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Queen Mattress Pad
- Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress
Sometimes a massage cushion isn’t enough and you need a real massage to work out muscles and relieve tension and pain. A massage could be a great gift for your loved one with back pain. You can talk with a massage therapist to arrange for the proper type of massage depending on type of back pain. This is a great gift idea for people with back pain because it is something that they will enjoy that can be used when they are ready.
- Spafinder Wellness 365 Gift Card $50
- Local massage therapy gift certificates