I love free stuff. Who doesn’t enjoy getting things for free?
Getting free stuff is more important than ever when you have a new baby and many new expenses.
Even better is when I can get A LOT of stuff I need for free. That’s why I love the Amazon baby registry – they give you $100 of free baby stuff for using it!
If you’re expecting a baby then you need to be using the Amazon registry system to get as much free stuff as possible!
Today I’m sharing my experience redeeming the $100 Baby Bucks bonus for the Amazon baby registry to buy wipes, diapers, diaper genie refills and even a high chair!
This is all stuff that would have had to come out of my normal budget but instead I was able to get it all for free!
The links I’m sharing in this post are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you this site will make a commission. I only share links to actual items I’ve bought or used and recommend.
Why We Used The Amazon Baby Registry
There are a lot of options for baby registries but we focused on Amazon’s for a few reasons.
- It’s easy. It’s super easy to setup, it’s easy to use, and it is easy for out of town friends and family to access.
- You get free stuff! Even if you don’t get the $100 you get a welcome box full of surprise items for parents and baby worth $35. You can see what came in my Amazon baby registry welcome box here.
- You get a registry completion discount. Every baby registry does this but it’s a nice perk nonetheless in case you didn’t get items you really need.
- You get $100 baby bucks which means you get $100 in free baby stuff! It’s an ever changing supply of items to choose from so you can’t buy anything you want, but we got a ton of great stuff we will use.
Here’s a look at what our registry dashboard looked like after we had claimed our item. !
What We Bought With The Free $100 Bonus
The baby bucks bonus is a specific page where you can buy an assortment of diapers, wipes, and other baby products.
There is no guarantee of what will be there when you visit, but here’s what I purchased with my Amazon baby bucks:
- Amazon elements baby wipes – One truth of baby life, you will use a lot of wipes! the 9 pack of baby wipes seemed like a great buy, especially when we have to supply wipes to daycare every so often.
- Diaper genie refills – The diaper genie has been great and we were just running out of refills from our first pack when this came up! Score!
- Water wipes value pack – I loved the sample of these wipes I got so grabbing a few more packs of them was a great choice.
- Fisher Price space save high chair – This high chair is a great example of the “other” baby items available through this bonus program. It was something we needed to buy anyway and we got it for free! It also saw the best baby rocker ever listed too!
- Baby Aquafor: This got left out of our video because we were already using it. I stocked up on a few tubes of baby aqaufor because it is amazing for any type of skin issue. We’ve used it for preventing diaper rash, cradle cap, and other little skin problems. I’ve also heard it’s good for sunburn for adults!
How To Sign Up For The Amazon Baby Registry
Signing up an Amazon baby registry is very easy. To start a registry takes less than five minutes.
Of course, adding products and deciding on which ones are perfect for your baby can take much longer!
Luckily they give you a guide to the most popular and wished for baby items on Amazon which means you have a great start to highly rated products other moms and dads already trust. You can select these items quickly and create a fully stocked baby registry in less than ten minutes.
Not only do you get $100 in free baby stuff with this registry when you purchase/receive $1,000 in items, but you also get a cute welcome box full of goodies for baby!
How To Get The $100 Baby Bucks Bonus
You can get $100 worth of baby stuff completely free with the Amazon baby registry! Free, free, FREE! These baby bucks can be used for things like diapers and wipes or anything in a certain section on the site. We actually bought our high chair with it!
However, there are a couple things you have to do to get this sweet deal.
- Sign up for a baby registry.
- Make sure your account is a prime membership account. Sign up for Prime if you haven’t already.
- Complete $1,000 in purchase from your registry. Purchases can be made by you or others.
- Check to see your Baby Bucks completion is eligible in your account after you’ve hit the goal and had the baby.
- Use the link provided in the Baby Bucks section to complete your shopping.
- Do this within 90 days or you will lose out on the option!
Some people have told me that they want to get the bonus items but would not hit the $1,000 spent. I understand we were blessed to have so many items gifted to us from the registry. However we still had a strategy in place to make sure we hit the amount to get $100 in free baby items.
Here are a few tips for how to hit the $1,000 spent on your baby registry:
- Start the registry early in the pregnancy. It’s a lot easier to accumulate $1,000 in purchases over many months than all at once at the end!
- Use the registry to stock up on items you will need. You can add things like diapers and wipes that you will use for baby but you can also add household items you will use and then buy those as well.
- Use Amazon as your only registry option. Most people have 2-3 baby registry options. If you consolidate and only use one you will likely have higher spend amounts there.
- Tell people about your goal. If people are considering buying you a baby gift to help you out they will be likely to purchase it from Amazon if you tell them it will give you extra benefits.
Those are just a few of the ways you can work the registry to get the minimum spending amount you need for the extra bonus.
If you haven’t signed up for an Amazon baby registry yet, what are you waiting for?