Today’s review is of my go-to breakfast lately: Jimmy Dean Delights english muffin with turkey sausage, egg white, and cheese.
Jimmy Dean Delights English Muffin Details
These little microwaveable english muffins have been my go to breakfast lately because I’ve been pretty rushed in the mornings. When I don’t have time to make breakfast but still want something warm I grab one of these english muffins because they fit pretty well with my nutritional goals for the day.
As you can see, one sandwich is just 250 calories and has 17 grams of protein. I prefer to eat breakfasts with a good amount of protein rather than carbs because it keeps me full and happy longer during the day.
The biggest downside to these frozen english muffins is definitely the sodium. At 650 mg that’s pretty high for one serving of food.
Jimmy Dean Delights English Muffin Process
Heating these low calorie english muffins up in the morning is super easy. I usually am multi-tasking so while these are cooking I am off getting ready for work.
Here it is frozen in all it’s super cold glory.
It gets wrapped fully in a paper towel or two before the next step.
And then it heads to the microwave. I usually am cooking them from frozen so I defrost for a minute and a half. Because my microwave is a bit low power I also cook it for 1:30.
There is usually a bit of cheese that has melted onto the paper towel so it’s good that the sandwich was wrapped. Things might get messy otherwise!
Jimmy Dean Delights English Muffin Review
Obviously I enjoy these breakfast sandwiches since I eat them on a regular basis. Here’s what I like about them:
- Quick. They are fast to make and I can do other things while cooking them. It’s nice to have a hot but fast breakfast.
- Affordable. These aren’t as cheap as making it yourself, but they are much less expensive than going through a fast food lane every day. They are also on sale often at the grocery store which is helpful so I can stock up then and save more.
- Convenient. Since they make my morning and life easier I’d definitely consider these breakfast muffins to be convenient.
- Taste. The taste of these frozen english muffin sandwiches isn’t the best thing you’ve ever had in your mouth but it’s definitely pleasant.
Of course, I don’t love everything about these english muffins from Jimmy Dean. Here are a few things I didn’t like:
- Sodium. Holy sodium. As mentioned, these are packed with salt. It’s obviously there for taste and preservation but it gives you pause if you want to eat these daily.
- Not as good as homemade. These aren’t as good as a breakfast sandwich I normally make for myself in the morning even with using the same ingredients. It’s hard to make something frozen be as good!
As with any product, there are some positives and negatives. Overall I like these sandwiches and appreciate them for their convenience as a breakfast on the go. It’s definitely something I’ll continue to keep in my breakfast rotation until something better comes along.
Note: this review is 100% my opinion. I buy these with my own money. At Kroger. Usually on sale and sometimes with a coupon. ;)
Have you ever tried these english muffins from Jimmy Dean? What did you think?