Most people think it is harder to find male weight loss bloggers. Maybe, but I don’t think so. In fact, the majority of weight loss and fitness blogs I read are written by men. If you are looking for some great male weight loss bloggers then look no further. Here is a list of all the male weight loss bloggers I know and read. If there are some I don’t know about then let me know in the comments and I will add them to the list!
Male Weight Loss Bloggers
- Jack Sh*t Getting Fit – This hilarious blog is part parody, part inspiring weight loss story. Author “Jack Sh*t” shares his ups and downs on the weight loss journey with a bit of laughter.
- Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit – Unlike most male weight loss blogs, this story has a twist. A personal trainer stopped working out and gained weight in order to see how hard it was to lose weight. He gained the weight and lost it again in an arc to gain insight and understanding with those losing weight.
- Sweating Until Happy – Alan shares his experience finding joy in exercise while losing over 100 pounds.
- Keep It Up David – David blogged his way through losing 160 pounds and now shares his experience maintaining the weight loss with a healthy lifestyle full of races and hikes.
- The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser – Sean blogs daily about the ups and downs of weight loss – losing the weight, maintaining a weight loss, regaining weight, and more. It’s an honest account of what weight loss is like for a regular guy.
- Waste The Waist – Written by Roder, a guy who long ago stopped caring and gained the weight, but has starting caring and losing the weight.
- Steve v4.7 – Steve is 148 pounds lighter than the version of himself from a year ago and is on his way to losing the next 40 pounds through better fitness.
Retired Male Weight Loss Blogs
These male weight loss bloggers always were great but many have stopped updating but they still have great archives that might be worth reading through.
- Fat Man Unleashed. Israel is working his way down and blogging about his successes and setbacks along the way. Watch his videos, they are pretty cool.
- 344 Pounds. This blogger started at 344 pounds and worked his way down to a healthy weight with diet and exercise.
- Fat Guy in a Little Coat. This blog is a new one to me, but focuses on running, losing weight, and some family life.
- Confessions of the Guy at Weight Watchers. After already losing over 100 pounds lost, this runner is sharing his weight loss success.
- Get Fit Slowly. Written by two men are working patiently and slowly at making huge changes to affect their weight and life. (From the same guy who writes Get Rich Slowly.)
- I Don’t Want To Die of A Heart Attack When I’m 25. Tony writes about getting in shape and leaving behind all the negativity associated with being overweight.
- Smaller Thinking. Aishchai is blogging from the UK where he is losing weight to reach his goal of 190lbs.
- Andrew is Getting Fit. With over 100 pounds lost and an upcoming half marathon, this blog offers great inspiration.
- Discipline or Regret. When blogging about weight loss this male weight loss blogger shows that there are two choices when it comes to losing weight: discipline or regret.
- Craig’s Fat Loss. Craig is blogging as he attempts to reach goals for both weight loss, smaller pant sizes, and a healthier size.
Start Your Own Male Weight Loss Blog
Many of the above blogs have stopped and disappeared over the years since this post was first written. That’s unfortunate because we need more male weight loss bloggers! You guys have a great perspective and it’s inspiring to other guys who want to start their own weight loss journeys.
If you are a male thinking about starting a weight loss blog, please go to my guide on how to start a weight loss blog!