So. I finally finished the LiveFit program. YAY!
I dropped the ball with this to be honest. I got some results but it’s hard to show them because I didn’t take enough photos during the process and I don’t have any appropriate photos from the beginning to compare with now (now that I know my blog is read by coworkers and clients I’m not sure I want to share everything). So while I do have numbers they aren’t as impressive as if I had great before and after photos. Oh well, such is life and being forgetful like me – I haven’t seen my camera battery charger for months (time to invest in a new one perhaps?).
Program Summary & Notes
- 3 months long normally
- Took me longer as I repeated a couple weeks and took a couple breaks for sickness/time conflicts.
- Workout plan changed every two weeks.
- In the beginning focus is muscle building, fat loss at the end.
- There is a diet plan but I didn’t follow it closely.
- Started the program at 215 lbs, ended at 201.2. Loss of 13.8 lbs.
- I lost 5 inches from my waist.
- Lost 6.5 inches from thighs.
- Lost 21 inches overall.
- Changed body composition – can feel muscle on arms and shoulders.
- Lift more weight (and more reps) in every exercise.
- Can now where clothes from my smallest ever period in life. So exciting to wear those again!
- Generally feel better, more confident, more fit, ready to take on a new challenge.
Thoughts on Program & Results
- I lost weight! No matter how much it was I’m excited about that because I got stuck at the previous weight for so long. Any move from that is good to see, right?
- My results aren’t as impressive as they could be if I had gone every day with no breaks or anything. Also it would have been better if I had better eating habits/stuck with her plan but I’m trying my best to just not fall back into binge eating with the stuff going on in my head so I’ll take it.
- Body composition was such a huge change with this but I did not/have not measured it. I know it’s changed with an increase in muscle and drop in fat but I have no way to measure or prove this because I didn’t think about it in the beginning when I was focused on other stuff.
- That said, I know I changed my body composition A TON with this program. Despite not losing much weight I definitely changed how I look and feel. I can see muscle in places where it didn’t exist before. And I like it. It makes me want to keep shedding fat to see the rest.
- It’s interesting to see how certain body parts really responded while others lagged. My shoulders and arms have visible muscle I can feel which is cool but my legs are still just meh. Though they are smaller there is a long way to go there.
- I didn’t break 200 lbs like I thought I would. I think this is due to lack of effort my last week. I just didn’t have time or care much and the results weren’t there because of it. I was burned out by the end to be honest. Bummer but I am very close so I’ll take it.
- I’m much stronger after this program. I believe doing LiveFit lit a fire in me for getting stronger and lifting heavier weights which I love. I’m excited that I now can lift more than I did when I started.
- I learned a lot about what I like and don’t like. I do NOT like going to the gym 6 days a week even if I like being active that many days. I do like lifting weights but not changing every two weeks. I do like sprints for cardio and not long hour long sessions. Going through this opened my world to different types of weight lifting and was very educational to me.
- In the end I do recommend this program for a few reasons: 1) It’s free. 2) It works. It works more the better you follow it but it works regardless of how close you follow it too.
So yeah. Doing this was an interesting experience. I think it clarified a lot of things for me – like I love lifting and can actually still lose weight. I don’t have to be stuck at 212 or whatever forever like I felt like was happening. That was a good reminder and worth all the effort if nothing else.
Now I’m not entirely sure what I will be doing fitness wise next. I know for sure I want to keep lifting heavy and often and I’m going to try to work from there. I’ll be in the gym soon after taking a break for Easter weekend. Enjoy your weekend friends!