This morning while I was making breakfast I whipped out my phone, downloaded the GymPact app, and signed up for a new pact.
In the last three weeks I’ve been to the gym once. Clearly I need some extra motivation to get in there and I thought trying out GymPact again would be an excellent idea.
I remember using GymPact a long time ago but had a bit of trouble because I was trying to use it while living in New Zealand. I figure using it in Memphis will be a lot easier and help get my butt in the gym.
Why have I not been going to the gym?
- It’s that time of year. It’s cold. We had an ice storm. Blah.
- There is other stuff to do! Ice skating! Friends in town! Who wants to go sweat?
- Outside/at home workouts. I’ve been riding my bike, running, ice skating, doing blogilates workouts.
- I moved further away from my gym and now it’s out of my way to go instead of on my way home from work.
That last reason is why I decided to download GymPact. I have a year long contract with my gym so it’s silly to pay for it and not use it because I live 5 minutes further away.
The Details of My Gympact
A little extra motivation never hurt anybody.
After signing up I decided to go with these details for my GymPact:
- 3 workouts a week
- $5 paid if I miss a workout
If I complete all my workouts I’ll get something like $1, woohoo!
Since I want to use my gym membership to get my money’s worth I think the GymPact will help me make that happen. I really don’t want to add to the cost of my gym membership so that motivation will force me to go.
I’ll update in a few weeks on how I’m doing. Right now I just want to make sure I get in the gym 3 times a week. I’d really like to start strength training again because I miss it, so going to the gym is the first step in making that a reality.
You can download GymPact and make your own pact too. Feel free to join me! Let’s get to the gym y’all!