This post contains a ton of stuff, all about how I’m doing on my weight loss journey. Hopefully it will help you better understand me and my progress. First things first – my video check in with my progress over the last two weeks. It’s a good one!
And how I did on my fitness goals for the week:
- Climb the hill 10 + times. (Halfway. Will try to finish tomorrow.)
- Make it to every strength training class. (YES!)
- Get 7 – 8 hours of sleep each night. (YES! Barely. ;) 7 counts tho!)
What I actually did this week for exercise:
- 1 hour total body strength class
- 20 minutes walking (1 mile)
- 1 hour lower body conditioning
- 30 minutes walking (hill intervals)
- 30 minutes water cardio drills/kickboxing
- 30 minute elliptical interval
- 1 hour upper body weights
- 1 hour bicycling
- 1 hour lower body conditioning (bumped up to ankle weights!)
- 1 hour kickboxing class
- 1 hour upper body resistance class
- 1 hour low impact aerobics
- 15 minutes walking
- 40 minutes walking (2 miles)
Total time exercised: 10:45!!
Did a great job with the exercise. Had planned to workout this morning but unfortunately had to miss classes. Still beat last week by 40 minutes. Hehe. Go me!
And now, I’m going to answer a couple related questions from readers for the new Ask Mary Anything series. Woot!
Chocolateprn asked me:
1) Did you expect to see a bigger loss during this experience?
2) What sort of loses do the other participants see?
Personally I am really excited about the progress I’ve made while I’ve been here. I suppose coming into it I had a lot of goals, but really has no idea what to expect from a weight loss retreat. I’ve lost 13 pounds in two months. That’s 1.6 pounds per week which is awesome. Originally I wanted to lose 30 pounds while I was here but readjusted my goal to 20 pounds, since I’ve also been gaining quite a bit of muscle with all the strength training. If I lose another 7 pounds the last month I am here I will hit that goal. But more important than weight is measurements in inches. I’ve lost a ton of inches and completely changed my body.
As far as what progress other participants see here I think the average is similar. Healthy weight loss is around 1 – 2 pounds per week so that is what the program aims to make happen. I know everyone I’ve talked to as they left has been very happy with their personal progress.
And just to put all this weight/measurement stuff into perspective, let me answer the question Kate asked:
How tall are you?
I am 5’2″. I agree with you about how frustrating it is to read so much about weight loss and never know how tall someone is. It makes a huge difference. I’m on the shorter end (you seem super tall to me!) of the spectrum. So, to sum it all up, right now I’m 5’2″, 228 pounds, and wear a 16/18 pants and large (or sometimes medium) shirts.
Alrighty! That’s a ton of stuff. Sorry! I hope it helps put my experience into perspective, know all my measurements and what I’m doing for exercise!