I’m not a fool. I’ve never wanted to be one or make other’s feel like one. So, no jokes from me. Just truth.
April started off great here! Despite having this cold I decided to go for a walk and knocked out three miles. I didn’t feel better afterwards but I was happy to have started on my 25x25x25 challenge for the month.
In Janetha’s latest post she mentioned how hard it is to get back on track and once you fall out of good habits getting back into them is hard. I so agree.
Somewhere in the last week I got out of my good habits. I forgot about the wedding diet. My long term goals slipped from my mind and cupcakes and other things took over.
It started last weekend when I reintroduced gluten/wheat to my diet. Things quickly spun out of control for a few days and I’ve been trying to regain control since then. Part of it is being sick because when I’m sick certain foods I normally eat (er, vegetables) sound horrible to me and I just can’t eat them. So I’ve been on a carb & sugar fest for the last few days that is not good for my goals and it’s not making my body feel good. This week has been rough.
It’s so hard to get back on track sometimes. I’ve been promising myself for the last few days that I’ll stop. I’ll go back to eating healthy salads for lunch and cut back/out the gluten. I know it will make me feel 100% better overall but I’m struggling to get back into the swing of things yet. I’m still clinging to the excuse that I’m sick. And yes, at this point it’s just an excuse.
I don’t need excuses, I need action. I need to get back on track. I’ve not mad much progress with the wedding diet in 2 months so I need to use April to my advantage and make some major progress. Like lose 10 pounds get under 200 finally progress.
What can I do to make that happen? What are the things that make me feel healthiest/best about myself? What things do I want to be doing right now that I’m not?
- Exercise every day. Even if it’s just walking for 30 minutes. I started this finally yesterday even though I didn’t want to do it.
- Drink enough water. My throat has been hurting so this has suffered a lot this week. It’s hard for me to swallow so I’ve been avoiding water. That then makes me get dehydrated and I make bad food choices. I want to drink 4 water bottles worth of water, which would be close to 100 oz a day.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. I feel better when I eat lots of these. Doesn’t everyone? My goal is at least 5 servings a day of either.
- Track my calories on Daily Burn. I tend to let a more things slide when I’m not tracking calories. And I tend to start the day tracking and then quit later on which leads to calorie destruction. So I want to track my calories every day for the next week and be accountable for doing this, meaning I will post them. Also, get back to tracking on my food blog. I’ve been slacking even though I know it can help me make better choices.
- Take my vitamins daily. I tend to get low on iron often and need to take vitamins. But have I? Nope. I need to get back on this.
- Say no to sugar. I use being sick as an excuse, obviously. Did I need ice cream two days in a row because it made my throat feel better? No. Just an excuse. I need to stop them and say no to sugar.
I was doing these things just a week ago! And I felt great! I felt better than ever really. Then I reintroduced gluten, felt bad, caught a cold, and everything fell apart. But I’m not letting it go any further than this week. These things are all coming back.
I was watching Shedding for the Wedding last night and it just reminded me of my goals for the wedding. That and I counted down to the wedding and realized it is a little more than 6 months away. Time really flies and I can’t believe we’ve only got six months left. I need to stop letting things fall apart and instead actually work to achieve my goals. Even if I’m scared (which I am) or convinced I can’t do it (which I am) or unsure that I can stick to it (which I am) . Whatever. I just need to do it. I’m not a fool.
Do you like April Fool’s jokes? Did you play one this year? What’s the best one you saw?
How do you get back on track after being sick or going off plan?