If you’re a blogger you’ll love these books written for bloggers (often by bloggers).
Books For Bloggers
A complete update to the ultimate reference guide on blogging basics!
The increase in the number of blogs is seemingly endless and continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, thanks in part to the rise of smartphones, tablets, and blogging applications. With this kind of popularity, how can a blogger stand out from the rest of the masses? This all-in-one guide is packed with detailed information and advice that helps you create and solidify your place in the blogosphere. You’ll learn how to get started, use blogging tools, collaborate with other bloggers, become a part of mobile blogging, and much more.
Covers getting started, working with blogging software, other tools, blog marketing, microblogging (including Twitter), making money with your blog, and corporate and niche blogging
Helps new bloggers become active and productive members of the blogging community
Provides vital information for both hobby bloggers and those who want to build a career around blogging
Blogging All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition cuts through the clutter and offers you a fun and friendly reference guide to starting and maintaining a successful blog.
With roughly 95,000 blogs launched worldwide every 24 hours (BlogPulse), making a fledgling site stand out isn’t easy.
This authoritative handbook gives creative hopefuls a leg up. Joy Cho, of the award-winning Oh Joy!, offers expert advice on starting and growing a blog, from design and finance to overcoming blogger’s block, attracting readers, and more.
With a foreword from Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge plus expert interviews, this book will fine-tune what the next generation of bloggers shares with the world.
Bloggers Boot Camp shows you how to build a great blog from the ground up. This isn’t a book about technology — it’s a book about engaging millions of readers. Starting your blog is easy, but building and maintaining a popular one is hard.
Blogging experts John Biggs and Charlie White (Gizmodo, Mashable and TechCrunch) share their secrets from the frontline showing you how to blog with quality and flair, find the best stories, and attract millions of readers to your blog.
Blogging goes way beyond writing. It’s a conversation between you and your audience. Guiding you to blogging success Bloggers Boot Camp shows you how to:
- Uncover a niche for your blog, and realize key factors about yourself that you need to know before you write a single word.
- Gather the ideal tools for blogging, without spending too much or approaching it underequipped.
- Discover the best ways to spread the word about your new blog.
- Find the most compelling stories to write about, and get the information before anyone else does.
- Transform your writing by learning the subtle art of constructing a compelling, engaging blog post.
- Stimulate your readers to directly participate in the two-way conversation, perhaps the most exciting part of this new way of communicating.
An update of one of the bestselling blogging books, written by two of the world’s most successful bloggers.
There’s a reason why the first two editions of this book have sold thousands of copies worldwide. Written by two of the world’s most successful bloggers, it’s one of the clearest books out there on how to earn an income from your blog. This new edition gets you up to date on the very latest changes that affect the blogging-for-business landscape. Featuring new material on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn; plus new ways and tools to grow your audience and expand your business beyond your blog, this professional blogger’s bible is better than ever.
- Helps novices choose a blog topic, analyze the market, set up a blog, promote it, and earn revenue
- Gives aspiring bloggers proven techniques and the tools they need to succeed in building a business from their blogs
- Reveals 20 key ingredients for a successful blog post
- Offers solid, step-by-step instruction on how bloggers actually make money, why niches matter, how to use essential blogging tools and take advantage of social media and content aggregators, how to optimize your advertising, and much more
- Includes techniques for attracting and growing an audience and how to mine new business opportunities beyond your blog
- Written by two fulltime professional bloggers, this exciting, updated edition of ProBlogger tells you exactly how to launch and maintain a blog that makes money.
Books for Food Bloggers
The only thing better than cooking and eating is talking about it! Combine your two loves—food and blogging—with this ultimate guide for food bloggers everywhere. Food Blogging For Dummies shows you how to join the blogosphere with your own food blog. This unique guide covers everything: how to identify your niche, design your site, find your voice, and create mouthwatering visuals of your best recipes and menus using dazzling lighting and effects. You’ll learn how to optimize your blog for search, connect with social media, take your blog mobile, add widgets, and much more.
- Walks you through the technicalities of starting your own food blog
- Explores what you need to consider before your first post ever goes public
- Shows you how to create lip-smacking food visuals using special lighting and clever effects
- Explains SEO and how to make sure your site and recipes are searchable
- Goes into social media and how to use it effectively with your blog
Here’s everything you need to know about food blogging.
Sharing your kitchen concoctions on your personal food blog has never been as popular as it is right now, but if you’ve ever had trouble getting your tasty temptations to look like pretty plates on camera, you know how difficult it can be to take amazing pictures of food. Matt Armendariz, of Mattbites food blog fame, shares his experiences and best practices for creating wonderful food photos in Focus On Food Photography for Bloggers. Written specifically for you the blogger, Matt discusses the ins and outs of equipment, lighting, composition, propping, sparking your inspiration, and getting creative, all with what you have on hand at home! Learn how to avoid common pitfalls with foods that are notoriously camera shy, how to successfully snap your dinner at a restaurant as well as on your kitchen table, and how to style your food with what you have in your cupboards. He also includes advice on post-processing, posting, and protecting your prized images.
As well as on his blog, Matt’s photography has been featured in The Skinny Bitch Cookbook, on Martha Stewart, Paula Deen’s Best Dishes, and Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen, along with numerous food magazines and newspapers. Let this seasoned blogger give your food photography the boost it needs to really make your readers salivate!
Food photography is on the rise, with the millions of food bloggers around the word as well as foodies who document their meals or small business owners who are interested in cutting costs by styling and photographing their own menu items, and this book should serve as your first course in food photography. Discover how the food stylist exercises unique techniques to make the food look attractive in the finished product. You’ll get a taste of the visual know-how that is required to translate the perceptions of taste, aroma, and appeal into a stunning, lavish finished photograph.
- Takes you through the art and techniques of appetizing food photography for everyone from foodies to food bloggers to small business owners looking to photograph their food themselves
- Whets your appetite with delicious advice on food styling, lighting, arrangement, and more
- Author is a successful food blogger who has become a well-known resource for fellow bloggers who are struggling with capturing appetizing images of their creations
So, have the cheese say, “Cheese!” with this invaluable resource on appetizing food photography.