No weigh in today. Nothing much has happened on the scale, but that’s not really the point of skipping the weigh in. I want to skip it to instead focus on NSVs, or non scale victories. Since my weight loss progress is so slow (like half a pound a week) it’s more practical and more fun to do bi-weekly weigh ins to keep tracking my progress. (Unless I lose like a ton in one week and I’ll definitely let you know… but the slow .5 lb losses/gains each week get boring even to me.) That means weigh-ins every two weeks I can focus on something else in between. Anything else positive really.
And there is so much to focus on! I feel like despite some big things that are frustrating right now (mostly money stress and hormonal stuff), everything is going really well.
Non scale victories (NSVs) in the fight to be healthy this week:
- Worked out at the gym almost every day! Got in some really good workouts that made me feel good and strong.
- I wore pants that fit to the gym instead of my normal big/baggy ones and I realized I’m looking good yo! Getting close to 200 is working well for me. Looking in the mirror when lifting weights and feeling really good about how I’m looking was a great NSV.
- Another gym mirror NSV… looking in the mirror I realized I’m starting to see more defined body parts like my calves. Not totally there yet but I’m seeing actual progress in certain places. Yes!
- I planned my meals for the weekdays and stuck to it. Meal planning is pretty great! It is pretty helpful to have things ready so I don’t turn to less ideal options. I’m proud of myself for doing this and want to keep it up and extend it to the weekend too.
- My favorite pair of jeans that I wear way too often are getting loose! I’m going to soon be fitting into my other jeans that are slightly smaller soon! I can’t wait!
Woohoo! I’m proud of myself for those things and I’m going to focus on them instead of dwelling on what I did wrong this week. I’m making that choice now.
How about you? Have any awesome NSVs this week?