Spicy Mexican Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 teaspoon canola or soybean oili
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup salsa (any variety)
(I only used two pieces of chicken but the same amount of everything else. It worked out really nicely.)
- Mix chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add oil; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is clear when center of thckest part is cut (170°F).
- Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Here is how mine turned out.
Ah, delicious! I think I took it off too quickly because some corn was still cool instead of hot. But that actually wasn’t a bad thing. It was pretty nice! I liked it and definitely will be making this dish again. Yum!