This week has been a tiny bit stressful for me.
After coming back from vacation I’ve been dealing with some very annoying health problems, struggling to control my anxiety, and dealing with technical problems on this blog. Earlier this week my hosting company suspended my account and locked me out because spammers attacking my blog. It all added up to be a situation that felt very stressful.
I’ve been dealing with the stress in healthy ways. I’ve been trying to do that, at least.
- Had to step away from this blog and blogging for a couple days after it completely stressed me out and used up too much time and energy the night everything fell apart. Leaving the source of stress for a few days helps.
- Not eating crap food. At first I gravitated toward eating to soothe my problems since that is my initial instinct but I’ve stepped away from the food as well. It helps to not have anything in the house but healthy food.
- Doing things that calm me like reading, reading funny tumblrs, taking naps, and going for walks outside.
Basically this is how I destress in a healthy way:
- Avoid the stressor until calm
- Turn away from food as a solution
- Participate in calming activities
I find it’s much easier to glide back into dealing with things once I’m feeling calmer and more in control. Don’t you?
Also helpful – laughing at myself, dancing around like an idiot, and playing with JuJu. :)
Anyway, the blog is back up and functioning and we think things over here are fine for a while. I’ve got the anxiety and the health stuff under control and I’m doing ok now.
Things are good, very good. It’s Friday, it’s date night, and I’m in the city soon to go for a walk. Love it! :)
Jody - Fit at 54 says
Sometimes ya got to just step away! I like that Mary! I hope the blog stuff is better – Boo on the friggin spammers!!! Hope you enjoyed your walk!!!!
ugh i got a call in early july that my blog is infected with malware…i think it was fake though but i was SO upset i just had to take a breather and start at tumblr for a while instead. Yay for pets and reading!! Have a good weekend.
Mihai @ Stress Disorder says
I’m glad you’re well and everything was resolved. I think all of us are going to cross less good times, but it is important how fast we restore our emotional balance and move on. When I’m upset usually I am listening to music, reading jokes and I go to walk through the park :)