This list has been circulating on several weight loss blogs since it was posted on the Healthy You Challenge blog. The orginial idea came from the awesome blogger Krissie. I think it is a great idea because usually emotional eating is the cause of those unwanted extra pounds. It is important to notice the good things about our bodies and lives, instead of always pointing out the negatives. Here is my list. :)
The “I LOVE ME” List
1. What do you absolutely love about your body? My face! I have a great face that conjures up the most animated expressions. I can make most people laugh without even saying anything.
2. When did you surprise yourself with your physical strength? When I worked out with a friend and realized I was lifting twice the amount of weight she was on everything.
3. When were you braver than you ever thought you could be? Leaving home to live in Europe for four months. Since I didn’t know the language (German) it was an adventure!
4. When did your self-control blow you away? My self-control blows me away every time it shows itself. Every time I chose a salad over a sandwich and fries, or eat less than I want at a party, I am amazed that I did it.
5. What is your proudest moment ever? It is a tie between snowboarding in the Alps (because of the fact that I could snowboard and I was in the freakin Alps) and being published in the newspaper for the first time (because it really is fun to see your name in print).
6. When was the last time you felt absolutely beautiful? When I was at my lowest weight and all my clothes were too big. I looked like I needed to go shopping but I felt absolutely gorgeous.
7. Why do you deserve to meet your goals? Because I will work hard to meet them. I will log in the time and effort and stop treating myself poorly. I can see the kind of life I want and I am going to get it.