Happy hump day!
Yesterday I started a Financial Peace University class so cooking food at home and keeping my monthly food budget in check is a new top priority. I’ll share more about FPU as I go through it but being committed to meal planning and cooking at home is going to help a lot with the process.
So here’s my meal plan for the week!
Meal planning for this week:
- Wednesday – Spinach and turkey enchiladas with veggies
- Thursday – (Going to the Memphis Football game!)
- Friday – Chicken & kale burgers with baked fries, salad
- Saturday – Steaks and veggies grilled
- Sunday – (Birthday party for a family friend)
- Monday – Honey & soy chicken thighs with brussel sprouts and salad
- Tuesday – Turkey Meatloaf Muffins and sweet potato fries
As you can see from this week’s meal plan, I repeated a bunch of the same meals from last week with slight variations. I’ve been feeling overwhelmingly busy the last couple of weeks so making “boring” dinners I’ve made a lot of times before is one less thing to think about.
I know the birthday party will have ribs and an assortment of different foods. It’s usually something unhealthy like smoked ribs but there are always a healthy side item or two to load up on.
As for the football game, I have no idea what will happen with that dinner! The game is at 6:30 so I’ll head straight there from work. I think we might end up eating at the game or immediately after.
Maybe I’ll shake it up next week. I love making new things and might switch it up on a whim one of these nights (using the ingredients on hand), but having these ready to go meals I know how to cook quickly is really helpful.
There are two nights where I’ll be eating out or with other people so those nights are going to be a bit flexible.
What’s on your meal plan this week?