Last night for dinner I made a pita pizza! Actually it wasn’t on a pita, it was on a round flatbread, but it was great.
The pizza was tomato sauce, cheese, chicken, and jalapenos. I also roasted an assortment of veggies. Right now the only thing I can use in my kitchen is a toaster oven. That’s how this meal came about since I wanted something warm and easy in the toaster oven. It worked out pretty well!
I thought it might be interesting to share what’s in my kitchen right now. I went grocery shopping once to get myself a little bit of food for my new place. Here’s what I ended up getting:
- wheat pasta, brown rice, ramen noodles
- wheat bread, wheat tortillas, flatbread
- baked beans, black beans, kidney beans
- corn, sweet potatoes, white potatoes
- italian stewed tomatoes, kale, spring lettuce mix
- green and yellow peppers, onions, jalapenos
- chicken, ground turkey, turkey deli meat, tuna fish
- light mayo, low sugar ketchup, mustard
- tortilla chips, pepperoni, chicken stock
I missed a ton of things when shopping like butter and salt/peppe. Last night I realized I didn’t even have a can opener to open most of my food! I have since fixed that problem but I’m still stuck with a halfway functioning kitchen for now. Here’s hoping everything gets to working properly soon so I can make more meals at home.